Saturday 22 March 2014

Leaf Swirls Stencil ... two totally different looks.......

 
Morning all, happy Saturday.......
 
Well again this is another scheduled post as I am away at the NEC in Birminham this week.....I will be glad when this run of shows finishes as I want to get back to more design work for the classes and studio classes and dt samples. My head is exploding with ideas at the moment and I feel like my body is running along behind it, do you know what I mean?
 
I have loved playing with the stencils this month and thought I would show you two totally different looks from the same stencil.......
 
For this one I used the Leaf Swirl stencil from Imagination, I love this stencil it is so understated and can be used in many ways.....
 
I used silver Sparkle Medium on an Imagination background and then punched lots of little flowers and added then to the leaf branches adding some silver stickles to the centre.
 
I also stamped and embossed a message, matt and layered it and added to the centre.
Such a simple but effective card......
 

 
A little closer look at the detail....... 

 
For the next one I used the same stencil but this time I inked through it with Adirondack Lettuce ink on to white card and then used the Silver Sparkle Medium to just scrape a hint of silver as a highlight through the stencil on to the green leaves.
I used Silver Sparkle on the acetate to make a shadow front that lines up with the back image.....
I got the acetate idea from Sue over at Imagination crafts and then did my own take on it.
 
A lot of my ladies have been very interested in how to do this so I will blog a tutorial in a couple of weeks when I get more time to show you how to do this......
 
 
 A closer look at the back and front of the card.
I added a message and flowers inside......

 
I also added a double butterfly to the front......

 
Well I hope you have enjoyed seeing these and I will be back next week.
Don't forget we have a stencil challenge on this month and you could win £20.00 worth of crafting stash so have a go:
 
Big Hugs Lisa.B.xx
 
Leaf Swirl  Lettuce Adirondack Pads Sparkle Medium Silver  Glitter Glue - Silver

6 comments:

  1. Both of these are gorgeous! But I really, really love that second one. I normally make my mum two Mother's Day cards and I now have the idea for the second one. Thank you for the inspiration!
    Lisa, I hope you get some time to recharge your batteries after the shows x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea to add the paper flowers on top of the stencilled areas for a different look. Also love the idea with the acetate shadow, but I can't imagine how I would manage the construction and get my shadows in the right place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards. I particularly like the acetate one, a super idea for added dimension.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, both are so wonderful, great techniques , you are so clever, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wondered how you placed the leaves in the right place on the acetate. It's very clever. I'm looking forward to working on different looks with the same stencil. I've been out and bought some this afternoon, to have a go!! Not sure they'll be up to the challenge though. Still a lot to learn but looking forward to the process! Thanks for your help and inspiration! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little flowers and 3D effect with the acetate are both great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.