Friday 14 March 2014

Imagination Flutterby and Bay Leaf Stencils...

Good morning everyone

This week I've made two cards using some products from 
Imagination Crafts.


I started with a Craftwork Cards 6x6 card blank and attached a sheet of 
I then cut a piece of thick acetate to size (6x6) and placed the 
Imagination Flutterby Stencil over the top, taping it down around the edge with
Using a craft palette knife and 
 I spread the Sparkle Medium over the stencil before carefully peeling the stencil away from the acetate to reveal the butterfly.
 
After leaving the Sparkle Medium to dry overnight I then attached the acetate to the front of my card using extra strong double sided tape down the left hand side of the card
Because the tape was visible through the acetate, I attached another strip of tape in order to hide it with some ribbon and a few co-ordinating Craftwork Cards Card Candi.


My next card was made in a similar way.
I cut a piece of super smooth card to fit a 
Craftwork Cards 6x6 card blank and using Woodware Stencil Tape. I taped my
Imagination Bay Leaf Stencil to my super smooth card
 with Adirondack Pitch Black ink and some Cut and Dry Foam
I inked the card through the stencil.
 
I then cut a piece of strong acetate slightly larger than 6x6 size and taped it down 
using my clean, dry stencil (which I washed in warm soapy water).
 
I spread the stencil withImagination Sparkle Medium in Silver using a craft palette knife.
I carefully peeled away the stencil and left the Sparkle Medium to dry.
I placed the acetate over the black image but moved it slightly to the right to create a black shadow
I trimmed the acetate to fit the card and attached it  with strong double sided tape along the top of the card and then attached some black ribbon over the top to hide the tape.




Have a great week and keep crafting.

~Suzanne~

Leafy ShadowsSparkle Medium SilverSparkle Medium Blue Sapphire
   

FlutterbyBay LeafStencil tape 25mm x 25m
       

7 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning and both templates are gorgeous! Love the colours of Sparkle that you have used too - thank you for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Sue, love the designs. The bay leaf card is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy cards, the green one is so pretty. I have this stencil so will have a go on acetate, thanks for the ideas, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas with acetate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. I like the use of acetate-will have to give this a go. Also like that bit of ruching on the ribbon- a nice touch. Thanks, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that technique with the black shadow, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards. Love the second one with the black shadow. A great idea that I will definitely try.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.