Thursday 20 March 2014

Flowers and butterflies

Hi! It's Georgina with my regular Thursday post.
 
I have a 7x7 card to share with you today. As part of the current Stencil Promotion fortnight I have used two stencil to create the card image and background. The stencil I used were That Special Touch Flower & Butterfly stencil and Imagination Crafts Diamonds stencil both available from Lisa B Designs.


I used the Flower & Butterfly stencil to create the main image. I started by stencilling the flowers of the left hand side first. I then cleaned the stencil and turned it over to stencil the flower on the right. I also used the stencil to add additional butterflies.  

I used Adirondack dye ink pads for the colour. I applied it with Cut 'n' Dry foam. The ink colours I used were, Sunshine Yellow, Watermelon, Meadow, Aqua and Stream.

For the flowers I started by adding the Watermelon to the tips of the petals. I then added Sunshine Yellow to the centre. Without adding extra ink to the Watermelon's piece of Cut 'n' Dry foam I then used it to blend the two Watermelon and Sunshine Yellow together.
 

I used Stream and Aqua ink pads for the butterflies. For the leaves and stems I used Meadow Adirondack ink pads. I added strong colour to the centre of the leave and light strokes of colour the edges. With just one colour ink pad you can create multiply different shades.


I cut out the coloured image to form a square shape but I cut around some of the leaves and petals so the look like they are coming off the edge of the image. I then added a very light colour of Tumbled Glass Distress ink around the edge with a blending tool. I then added this to a square of black card and added dots around the edge with a black fineliner. I also used the fineliner for the butterflies bodies.

I used Imagination Crafts Diamonds stencil to create the design on the card blank. I used Sunshine Yellow Adirondack ink pad for the colour and again applied it with Cut 'n' Dry.


Inspired by Lisa's March workshop I finished the card by adding Indigo Blu Sheffield Steel megaflakes to the centre of the flowers and butterflies. 



Flower & Butterfly    Diamonds   Flitter Glue   Mega-flake Sheffield Steel  Adirondack Brights Sunshine Yellow  Adirondack Brights Watermelon Red  Adirondack Light Pads Aqua  Meadow Adirondack Ink Pad  Stream Adirondack Ink Pad

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous inking, a couple of new Adirondack colours that I now need. I love the diamond background - so sunny and cheerful a perfect backdrop for the really pretty and colourful flower and butterfly panel. Just gorgeous - thank you for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours on the flowers and butterflies are so fresh and vibrant, love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stencilling work ! Love the flowers extending out of their mat and the touch of flakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty card; clean and bright. The diamond stencilling in yellow really sets it off. I think I'll invest in this one. I like the idea of the image overlapping the background when cut out, too. I'll try that idea too. Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, great sunny, cheerful card, lovely stencilling, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. Great use of inking through the stencils. A lovely bright cheerful card.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.