Wednesday 12 March 2014

A little bit of Bay Leaf........

Good Morning everyone Lisa.B. here..........
 
Well as you know well by now it is the Stencils fortnightly promotion and we are all busy bringing you some inspiration. I have to say that I really love stencils, not only are they really easy to use but they are so versatile and you can do so much with them.
For instance dry emboss them, ink through them, flitter and flake through them, use embossing powders through them, paste through them, spritz through them, the list goes on and on.........

For my first stencil post I though I would show you my samples that the ladies made at the workshop on Friday, they had the choice of making an open picture frame or a card.........

The stencil they used on Friday was the Bay Leaf from Imagination Crafts.....this stencil was designed by Tracey Dutton from Lavinia Stamps and as you all know I love her designs.
And it is also included in my new Stencil giveaway for you to have fun too........

 
I got them to paint the frame with gesso and then create the art work for the centre and then use the stencil to carry on the design around the frame. Even though they did it in the same colours it sunk in to the gesso and gave it a muted effect and this was how I wanted it to look when I designed it.
They also added some flitter glue and flake in areas through the stencil to highlight it .......



For the card they also created the centre art work for the front in the same way but then also added a panel for the inside to match.....
 They did some extra stamping with the Dinkie Flourish IndigoBlu stamp and Adirondak ink.....


 
A little closer look at the stencilling and flake......

 
Sooo...... I thought I would also show you another sample that I made using
 the Bay Leaf stencil but this time with Sage Green and Turquoise Sparkle Medium on to a Imagination glossy background card called Leafy Shadows.....
 
NOW I do apologise as all the sparkle medium and the leafy backgrounds SOLD OUT on Friday but I have put in another order this morning and will be picking it up on Friday at Harrogate Show and will get it on the website next week along with 12, yes 12 new colours too, yippee!!
 
I simply used the sparkle medium through a stencil on to the background and then let it dry. I then cut it into sections and matt and layered it on to green card. (Saving the centre section for another project. ) I stamped and die cut a message and background layer and then used the stencil and paste again to add a highlight.....

 
 
 


 
I do hope that you like the inspiration and feel like having a go, it is so much fun....
Don't forget if you want to win the give away then leave a comment on EVERY post for two weeks from Monday 10th march to Sunday 23rd March and it could be yours.....
 
I will be back on Saturday with a stencil tutorial and more inspiration...
 
Until then....
 
Big hugs Lisa.B.xx
 
 
Sparkle Medium Sage Green   Bay Leaf  Sparkle Medium Turquoise 

Vintage Flourish Dinkie Flitter Glue and Kits  Mega-flake Sheffield Steel
 
Lettuce Adirondack Pads   Stream Adirondack Ink Pad  Stonewashed Adirondack Ink Pad

Adirondack Brights Raspberry  Adirondack Brights Purple Twilight  

8 comments:

  1. Lovely stencil, lovely colours, lovely cards and frame :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stencil too, your cards are gorgeous Lisa!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this project. I've just discovered stencils!! I'm going to use your frame technique. Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Lisa, stencils are versatile and I like playing with different media, like gesso, texture paste and Sparkle medium. Haven't tried gilding flakes yet... Lovely projects by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so gorgeous!
    The flowers are dimensional because of the way you have coloured them. Would never have thought to use two colours but it works beautifully.
    The frame and picture are stunning and would be the sort of product a posh boutique has - thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, really like all your projects, the frame is fab and love the colours of the green card, look forward to the next post, xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these projects. The frames are gorgeous and love the way you have done your card. Beautiful.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the class last Friday. Some great techniques shared by Lisa. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.