Sunday 2 March 2014

Holding The Moon


Hello crafters, Kirsten here with an extra post for Lavinia Stamps Fortnight, I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend.
 
If you’ve spent any time on Facebook, or other social media, you’ve probably seen photographs of people ‘holding’ the moon or the sun & this scene-scape reminded me of that & I thought the
 fairy Shaylee was perfect for my idea.

001

After I’d stamped her with Onyx Black Versafine & dried the image thoroughly with my heat tool, I tore a scrap of paper & used it to create a hill with Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky & Chipped Sapphire distress inks. I stamped the Poppy Pods stamps with Chipped Sapphire & the
 Joy Craft Flower/Leaf 1 stamp with OB Versafine.

002
 
When the stamping was completely dry I went over the poppies with an antistatic pad, stamped the poppies again with Versamark, covered with gold embossing powder & heat set. When the page was cool I went over with a clean, soft cloth to remove any powder from the antistatic pad.

004


Then I created a separate panel with the poppy pods, flower flourish stamps & Chipped Sapphire, Squeezed Lemonade, Wild Honey & Victorian Velvet distress inks. Both panels were layered onto cream pearlescent card.

003

To finish I put the panels onto black card & added tiny dots of gold liquid pearls – I thought of fireflies for some reason.

016


 
Shaylee    Poppy Pods    Scene Scapes 03   Clear Stamp - flower / leaf 1       WC04 Metallic Gold Rich   
Liquid Pearls - Gold Pearl  Pastel Mixed Double Sided Premium Pearlescent Card      Versamark Ink Pad  
 
 VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black    


Thanks for looking, don’t forget to leave a comment to be entered in the GIVEAWAY. I’ll be back on Tuesday with my regular post. And you can find all the stamps & papers that are currently available in the Lavinia Stamps range on the website.

Until next time, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

10 comments:

  1. Love the holding the moon design. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kirsten this is stunning!, love the way you have created the scene and the beautiful stamps you have used.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I was so pleased to have won the challenge, my hard work paid off at last, thanks for the best blog challenge ever. Look forward to the next one.
    Today's card is very effective, great idea, these stamps are really lovely, thanks for sharing, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely card. Ive just got to get the poppy seed pod stamp. Enjoying following these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful ethereal scene. Well done for matching the feel of the scene scape with inks, it works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! I love the fireflies too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning. Love the scene you have created and the stamps are gorgeous.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect fairy creation and your fireflies are fantastic. Love this creation a lot, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful result. I've been experimenting with seed pod stencils today, but haven't produced anything as stunning as this.
    Thank you for the inspiration! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colours, lovely stamps.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.