Wednesday 24 December 2014

Its Christmas Eve....Giving a Little Back........


 
Good morning all,
 
Apologies for not being around too much lately, as a lot of you know by now I lost my mum on 18th November to terminal cancer and have been really struggling with everything lately as you can imagine, so not had a lot of time for crafting with trying to get Christmas sorted.....
 
However, the ward that took such good care of mum 'Lord North Ward' at Maidstone hospital, my sister Jo and I decided that we would like to raise some money for them as they do such a great job for so many people with desperate health issues and their love, care and kindness is never ending, they are such special people.......
 
So we took one of their raffle books for their Christmas raffle and sold the whole book at my Christmas party Classes and had to buy a second one to use at Sainsbury's where my sister works and she sold another half a book of raffle tickets there too. With other donations that came in we managed to raise £235.00 for the ward. We also had raffle prizes donations from Sainbury's, some of my ladies and Jo and myself so we also took up to the hospital 12 prizes for their raffle.......
 
One of the prizes included a brilliant cake ( yes, I say so myself! )......
 
My sister Jo makes cakes for Birthdays, Weddings, Anniversarys and all sorts of occasions and said that she would like to make them a cake, so as usual I muscled my way in on the action as I love to help to make all the characters and what a lot of fun we had doing it. So here goes, lets take a look........
 
We found the initial idea on Pinterest and did our own take on the idea. Basically, Santa has helped himself to a large portion of cake and has fallen asleep leaving Rudolf and his friends severely fed up!!!!......



A closer look at the details.......
 
 
Santa fast asleep.......
 
 
Cheesed off reindeer........
 
 
 
 
Santa's burst his pants.......
 
 
Even crumbs in his beard.......
 
 
Tumbling presents from the sleigh......
 
 
 
The finished cake........let me know what you think. If anyone is interested in having cakes made (locally) by Jo, you can contact me at lisabaker1@btinternet.com .
 
The donations are on going for the ward as we still have the donations from Mum's funeral; we did family flowers only and other donations to Lord North Ward, so I will let you know a final total when it all comes in........
 
Well, all that is left to say is have a wonderful Christmas and really enjoy the time you spend with family as it is so precious and I will be back agin to see you on Saturday......not sure with what yet as I am helping move my niece in London on that day as she is due to have her baby VERY soon!!!!!
 
Take care, big hugs......
 
Lisa B xxx


1 comment:

  1. Dear Lisa & Jo
    I am so sorry that you are both hurting so much and I don't want to say I understand because I am lucky to have my mum still with us.
    But I did want to say to you that I think your mum would be so proud of both of you for what you have done for the hospital and the ward she was on. It takes a special kind of person or persons to put their pain aside and to try and help others.
    I really hope you have a lovely Christmas, as much as you can, and hold tight onto each other and your loved ones. I pray that next year will be less painful for you both. I don't mind if you don't want to publish this on the blog ladies - I just felt it was only right to say something and I hope I haven't upset you more Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.