Tuesday 23 December 2014

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!



Good morning, happy Tuesday. Not long to go now! All your gifts are wrapped & under the tree by now & all the food is bought, I presume?? :)

This & my remaining posts for December are being scheduled in advance, as I'm taking some time off to relax with friends & family.

I've two cards to show you today, both using Imagination Crafts' Sparkle Medium through a stencil to get a foiled effect. Here's the first card...............



It couldn't be easier to get this fab effect.....

Place your stencil - in this case I used the Imagination Crafts' Poinsettia Large stencil - on top of a piece of smooth white card, secure with stencil tape.
 
 
Use a piece of Cut & Dry foam to dip into the SM, move it away & use a patting motion up & down on the craft sheet. This forces most of the glue into the foam & leaves the glitter on the surface.
 
Move to the stencil & rub the C&D foam briskly over one area. You will see the glitter smooth out & stick to the card below as it catches on the edges of your chosen stencil.
 
Apply more SM to the foam & repeat as above until satisfied you have enough foiling on your card.
 
Remove the stencil, clean it immediately, or place into water until later.
 
You can wash out the C&D foam too, you should get a few uses out of it - and only cut a small piece in the first place, it's easier to manage the foiling. 
 
Here, the stencil is still in place..........
 

 
 
The SM will dry very quickly  
 because most of the glue has been removed.
 
Stencil removed..........

 
 
To finish this card I first applied Weathered Wood distress ink, then replaced the stencil & applied Chipped Sapphire & Stormy Sky distress inks to highlight the flowers. I matted & layered with silver mirri card & a dark blue ribbed card from my stash & embellished with silver liquid pearls, grey seam binding ribbon & organza ribbon from my stash & a Hobby House pearl brad.
 
The finished card again..........
 
 
 
 
I used the same technique on the second card, this time using Gold Shine Sparkle Medium & Festive Berries & Barn Door distress inks..............
 
 
 
 
 
Instead of cutting the foiled card as I had done for the first card, this time I added a border, using a black fine liner pen............
 

 
 
 The numbers & the holly are from the Woodware Clear Magic stamp 'Christmas Date'. I stamped the numbers onto a scrap of patterned paper, cut them out & adhered them to red linen card, matted & layered with gold mirri & black card.
 
I applied a little Diamond Sparkle Medium to the numbers with my finger & when it was dry I covered the numbers with Glossy Accents This gives them the appearance of epoxy stickers I think.
 
 
 
 
The holly was coloured with watercolour pencils, the leaves were heat set with clear embossing powder & more Glossy Accents went on the berries.
 
The tree is from the Imagination Crafts' Fir Trees stencil & I used Black Stars Sparkle Medium. Matting & layering was done with red linen card & black card onto a 7x7 white card blank.
 
The second card again.............

 
 
 
Poinsettia Large  Fir Trees  Sparkle Medium Black Stars    Sparkle Medium Gold Shine   Sparkle Medium Diamond     Sparkle Medium Silver     Christmas Date    Pens and Pencils  Red Linen Card pack of 10 sheets    Plain Black    Glossy Accents   Glitter Glue - Xmas RedLiquid Pearls - Silver       Seam Binding Ribbon       Hobby House Pearl 8mm Pastel Mix Brads      Forest   Emboss Ink Pads   WC05 Metallic Silver   Stencil tape 25mm x 25m    Cut-n-Dry Foam
  
And that is it. It only remains for me to wish each & every one of you a VERY happy Christmas.
 
Kirsten
 
 

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. Lot of products used though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that you could do that with SM Kirsten! I have got to get a couple more of their stencils next year especially that poinsettia one - I love what you have created and thank you for sharing it with us Karen x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.