Monday 29 December 2014

Gold Noel

 
Morning crafters, even though Christmas is done I thought I'd bow out with this gold Noel number. :o)  It's my take on the last workshop we had in December, I loved both the Snow and Noel but decided to match mine to go with my Christmas theme of black and gold at home.  (Sorry the gold looks a bit yellowy in this picture)
 

 
So first of all I used white Gesso and gave the Anna Marie Designs MDF Noel Plaque two coats, drying in between with the heat gun, then painted the whole think in black acrylic paint, again letting it dry well.  I then coated it in the Imagination Craft Crackle Medium and setting it aside to dry for a while.
 
In the meantime I prepared all the trimmings by dabbing the pine cones in a little Gesso using my finger tips, a bit messy but fun and it looks great too. 
 
For my Poinsettias I used a couple of dies I have in my stash to create them and cut them out in gold mirri card then matted them onto black card.
 
Once the crackle medium was dry I quickly painted it with white acrylic paint to get that lovely crackle effect, then left that to dry too.
 
Once it was all dry I took the imagination crafts Champaign Gold Sparkle Medium and using a Brayer and a glass mat I rolled the medium until it coated the brayer well before putting onto the word, you can't really see it very well here, but I can assure you it does sparkle :o)  I also dotted the pine cones in a little of the Sparkle medium too.
 
Once that was all dry I put it all together using a glue gun.  Below are photos of my Snow and one of the large MDF Christmas Trees, I made three of those in all and gave one to my daughter, she had silver and black and one to my daughter in law, whose tree was all gold. I forgot to take photos but have asked them to do that for me :o)
 

 
 Well that's all for 2014.......Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and see you again very soon.
 
Love Jan xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.