Friday 5 December 2014

Christmas in Miniature


Happy Friday! And to those who will be attending Lisa's classes later - Happy Christmas Party Class day! :) We've been busy making preparations all week, there are numerous lists & we're hoping we haven't forgotten anything.
 
Lisa sent out the December newsletter on Wednesday, if you missed it you will find it HERE.

Today I'd like to show you the last of my November projects. I used the new-to-the-website Marianne Creatable dies Tiny Winter Village & Tiny Pine Trees......

Tiny Winter Village    Tiny Pine Trees
 
 
Here's the first card. I used a 6x6 card blank & scored & folded the front. the patterned paper is by Hobby House, from their Snowflake Flurry collection........




 
 
I die cut the elements from white card & used my finger to add a little Diamond Sparkle Medium. I made the hills from torn paper & added Woodware's Fluffy Stuff for the snow. For the lighted windows I coloured a scrap of card with a yellow felt tip pen, glued on the village & cut around the scrap card to remove the excess................
 

 
 
 
The reindeer is from Imagination Crafts The Clearing stencil. I applied embossing ink through the stencil with Cut & Dry foam onto white card, covered the ink with
 WOW Pastel Blue embossing powder & heat set. I cut out the reindeer & added the detail on its back with white liquid pearls & Diamond SM............
 
 
 
 
 
The second card is also a 6x6. I used The Clearing stencil's reindeer again & also the large tree from the Fir Trees stencil, applying Diamond SM through them, then cutting out the shapes when completely dry........
 
The patterned card is from the Let It Snow collection by Hobby House.......

 
 
The tiny pine trees & village are as on the first card the background is the
Embossalicious Lattice embossing folder & the sparkly ribbon is from my stash...........
 

 
 
Tiny Winter Village   Tiny Pine Trees    The Clearing   Fir Trees   Sparkle Medium Diamond Lattice - 6" x 6" Embossing Folder  Pastel Blue   Let It Snow    Snowflake Flurry    Fluffy Stuff   Cut-n-Dry Foam   Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue 125ml    Glitter Glue - Stardust   
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting the blog today. I  hope to be back tomorrow with a review of today's classes, but as Lisa & I are going to an all day workshop tomorrow, it might be Sunday - which is when the new blog challenge starts, in case anyone is thinking about entering the current challenge. That ends at midnight tomorrow night.
 
Kirsten

3 comments:

  1. Wow love these cards, the little scene is fab, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these dies - I've not seen them before. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards, love the card, the dies and the colours - something else to add to my Christmas wish list! Karen x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.