Tuesday 11 April 2017

Summer Botanical


Hello crafters, Julie here. It looks like Spring has finally arrived and at last we've had some lovely weather. Today's card used Craft Emotions Botanical Summer set of wooden embellishments. I painted the 2 doves and dove house with Pearl Starlights and set them aside to dry.




Next I smeared a little VersaColor ink it in Fresh Green onto my craft mat and spritzed with water. I placed a piece of white Super Smooth card on top to pick up the droplets and dried the card with a heat tool. ;I repeated this process with the other 3 colours of VersaColors; Peony, Split Pea and Cyan.



I took the dry droplet background and die cut a heart and the Love message. I hand drew some faux stitches in a turquoise pen and stamped the grasses from Hobby Art's Anna's Collection - Just for You, (25% off on the website at the moment), in the same Fresh Green VersaColor.




I dry embossed a square of yellow card using a folder from my stash and cut a square of turquoise card and stamped the Crealies Faux Stitches stamp around the edge using Cyan VersaColor. I layered the yellow onto the turquoise card and stuck this onto my card blank.

I used foam pads to adhere the heart die cut onto the yellow card and used Cosmic Shimmer 
Dries Clear glue to attach the dove house and doves, finishing off with an adhesive pearl in each corner...........




Well, this completes my card for today, I hope you like it.


Botanical Summer CEWPearl SLVersacolor Fresh Green     Versacolor Cyan     Versacolor Split Pea    

Versacolor Peony     Anna's Collection - Just For You HA     Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml


***Lisa is doing a PaperArtsy workshop on Sunday, May 28. For more information click HERE.***

See you next week.

Love, Julie x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation and the colour combo is perfect. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very simple, bright and classy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, the colours are really fresh looking xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.