Friday 28 April 2017

Craft Emotions Wooden Embellishments

Hello all, today's little card is made from the Craft Emotions Wooden Embellishments range.
 
 
 
It a very quick little card but quite sweet I think.
 
First of all I chose the little owls I wanted to use from the Craft Emotions Owls & Branches Set and painted them using Imagination Crafts Starlights, Topaz and Pearl.
 
I took a tiny amount of the Topaz and placed it on a tile and added double the amount of Pearl to really lighted it up.  Mixed it to the shade I wanted by adding tiny amount of Pearl until I was satisfied with the colour.
 
Using a fine detailed brush from the Artist Brushes set I painted around the owl including the wings with the Topaz & Pearl combination.  I then used Starlights Clotted Cream for the owls chest.  Next was the little feet which I used Starlights Black. 
 
The branch was painted using Topaz and leaves Menthol.  I then stuck on some wobbly eyes with Cosmic Shimmer to give them a character.
 
 
For the card I matted some Green Bazzil Basics card onto a 4" x 6" card.   I then took some craft card cut slightly smaller than the green and run that through an embossing folder that I thought looked a bit like a tree.  I then cut a circle out for one of the owls to sit in.  Next I took a piece of craft card enough to sit behind the circle cut out area.
 
 
 
I mounted the embossed card onto the main card and glued the owls in place with Cosmic Shimmer.
 
 
 
And that's it simple but with character, I hope you liked it and thank you for dropping by the blog again today.
 
Love Jan -x-
 

 
 
 
 

 

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.