Thursday 20 April 2017

Craft Emotions and Hobby Art: A Shaker Scene Card




Good morning all! Martina here with another make using some of the Craft Emotions Dies combined with some of my favourite products. I think sometimes we get so excited about buying the latest products, we forget about some of the little gems we have in our stash...

(HINT: some of my 'golden oldie' products used in this project are heavily reduced in the Lisa B. Designs sale!)

I had an idea that I wanted to make a window, so I could have lots of little leaves behind it creating a shaker card. I looked through my dies and stamps and all I could find were ornate dies or small windows, so I decided to make my own using the Hobby Art Scene-It Window Set. This is such a versatile little set and the window can be made to the size you want, with and without shutters, an arch, or even into a door. I rotated the window stamp and stamped with Sepia Versafine Ink onto a piece of craft card four times.


I embossed with Wow! Clear Embossing Powder and then coloured the frames with a brown pen before cutting the panes of 'glass' away.


I embossed another piece of card with a woodgrain embossing folder from my stash and ran over the raised areas with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to bring out the texture. Cutting away the centre, I glued my window into place and then securely fixed a piece of Clear Acetate behind the whole 'glass' area.


To make a scene to see through the window, I used some of the elements from the Hobby Art Nature Trail Set. I used some torn paper to make hills, a die cut mask for the sun and then stamped some trees and foliage. I didn't want too much in the scene as a lot of it would be covered with my little leaves later.


Using lots of little leftover pieces of brown, orange and yellow card, I die cut loads of tiny Craft Emotions Leaves and put them on top of my scene. These dies make such dinky leaves (as well as a little mushroom!!) that are so useful for adding to branches, edges, framing things, or even just adding that little finishing touch! Behind the window section of the topper I used two layers of Woodware Mounting Tape to create a tight seal and keep the leaves within the window. Once it was all assembled, I decided I wanted a sentiment and some wooden elements to balance the card. The tiny little wooden leaves and acorns from the Craft Emotions Autumn Set are perfect for this: easy to colour, lightweight and add just enough detail (as well as being inexpensive!)


There we have it! A little off the current season I grant you, but we are supposed to get ahead of ourselves, aren't we?! I think it could be used for a man's card as well; I mean not all men like sport, beer, and DIY! Who can resist giving a shaker card a good shake anyway? It has to be done!

Have you found any products in your stash that you forgot you had? See what you can rediscover today: it's like having the fun of buying it all again!

Love
Martina
xx

Leaves Mushroom CED Autumn Wood CEWNature TrailScene-it Window HAWoodware Mounting Foam Tape 1mmGathered Twigs - Mini Fossilized Amber- MiniClear Gloss Regular WEPAcetate Sheets



2 comments:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.