Friday 21 April 2017

Hobby Art Poppy Scene

 
Hello again crafters.  I hope you all had a lovely break over the Easter.
 
I celebrated my birthday this week and spent the day with Lisa and the girls that all help out at the workshop.  I had a wonderful day that I'll always remember, I don't think we stopped laughing for most of the day, oh and eating, Kate was the host and provided some lovely food, there was plenty of cake some home made by Rose and myself and some bought and all lovely.  They got me a huge bunch of gorgeous flowers and Rose make me a lovely little Primrose cake.
 
So todays card is following on from the theme of the last class and my take on the card you made.
 
 
 
I started with a 5.5" x 5.5" piece of white Super Smooth card and cut it in half using the Crealies No 8 cutting die.  I then turned the die around on the bottom half of the card and cut it again so I had the stitch mark showing.  Then set that aside.
 
Next I used the Hobby Art Poppy Scene-it and took the largest of the poppy's to create the foreground image, stamping it twice so it could be decoupaged.  I stamped using Versafine and Wow Clear Embossing powder.  I cut around one set leaving a thin white border showing.
 
 
Next came the colouring in, so used Imagination Crafts Starlights Red and a tiny bit of Menthol for the storks.  Dropping some on a tile and adding the tiniest amount of water to create the darker colour then picking up some more paint on a different part of the tile and adding more water for a lighter shade of the red.  I set those aside to dry and carried on with the next stage.
 
Next I wanted to create a background that would show between the two cut out lines.  I took a piece of card 5.5" x 3" and started to blend Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade onto the card using a Blending Tool and taking the ink straight from the pad for a more intense colour.
 
 
(Please excuse the messy distress ink pad I had a little mishap in my ink box, I can assure you it is Squeezed Lemonade)
 
Next I lined up my cut edges to see where I could stamp a couple of little images from the same stamp set, this set has about 22 stamps in it.  Once lined up I put a little mark where I wanted the images to go then stamped and embossed as before.  I then cut another piece of card the same size as before and stuck the coloured strip in the middle then stuck the cut halves in placed them apart so as to see the stamped images and enough of the colour.
 
 
Once that was I done I matted the card on to some black card.
 
 
Almost done, next was to cut out the poppy heads to decoupage and mounted using 3D foam, I then 3D them onto the card but sticking the stork directly onto the card so I could stamp some grass around them.
 
 
 
I stuck the whole card onto a 7" x 7" card and added a little sentiment and some little dots and lines using a Micron Fineliner
 
Here's the card again.
 
 
Thanks for dropping by again today, hope you liked the little card and see you again very soon.
Love Jan -x-
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Both simple (as in CAS) and striking! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully simple. Love the blast of colour xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.