Monday 3 April 2017

Hobby Art's Funky Flowers & Funky Bird

Morning, happy Monday & happy April! Kirsten here, hope you had a nice weekend. This week sees our final Hobby Art projects, there'll be a new blog topic from next Monday. I've got a birthday card with a difference to show you today; I used Hobby Art's Funky Bird & Funky Flowers stamps with two That's Crafty! greyboard postcards..............



I forgot to take any step by step photos while making this, but I painted the postcards with Turquoise & Sand Starlights first. My initial idea was to have yellow & green flowers heat embossed on the turquoise sections, but when I did it it looked absolutely horrendous, so I immediately scrubbed it off. You can just about see some of what was left in the photo below............

I repainted with Turquoise Starlights & stamped the daisy from the Hobby Art Nature Reserve set with Banana Yellow Starlights instead. That looked much better & I liked the added texture from the remains of the heat embossing. I painted the Funky Bird & Funky Flowers with watercolour pens & cut them out...........




For the reverse of the postcards I first applied Structure Paste through the Imagination Crafts' Hanging Garden stencil & when it was dry I began dry-brushing Rustique & Verdigris Rusty Patina on top. I sanded back some of the Structure Paste & applied tiny amounts of Silver Alchemy Wax to highlight the raised areas. 

The hinges were cut from dies in my stash, I dry embossed them & painted them with Starlights & Alchemy Wax................




Some Rustique Rusty Patina around the edges to finish...................




I added the Stampendous Graceful Birthday greeting & the project was finished............




Funky Bird HA - NEW!!       Funky Flowers HA - NEW!!         Rusty Patina - Rustique      Rusty Patina - Verdigris      Structure Paste IC   

 SM Spatula JT3     Hanging Garden IMST     Banana Yellow SL - NEW!!Sand SL - NEW!!Silver AWX     

Graceful Birthday    Postcards - White/Greyboard

***On the website, some Hobby Art stamp sets have been reduced in price by 25% - 40%.***

**Lisa is doing a PaperArtsy workshop on  May 27. For more information click HERE.**

Thanks for visiting the blog today, see you next time.

Kirsten

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kirsten. The colours are amazing too. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea! Love the birds with the flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Martina, really clever idea xxx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.