Tuesday 4 November 2014

Oh Christmas Tree

 
Good morning crafters, happy Tuesday. I'd like to show you my final project from last month. Lots of photos in this post, so I will try to keep the words to a minimum.................
 

 
 
Lisa has these cones for sale at the monthly classes, 65p each if I remember correctly. I painted mine with gesso first........
 
 
 
 
Randomly stamped the Woodware Clear Magic Forest stamps with a permanent green ink onto tissue paper & heat set - heat setting prevents the ink from bleeding into the tissue............
 
 
 
Used Mod Podge to stick the tissue paper onto the cone, working in stages & crinkling it as I went. Brushed a thin layer of Mod Podge over the tissue paper to seal it & left it to dry thoroughly..........
 
 
 
Used Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear glue to attach a length of Diamond Mesh to the cone............
 

 
 
I covered a sheet of white card on both sides with Diamond Sparkle Medium & when it was dry I die cut the stars...........

 
Stuck them to the cone with hot glue.............

 
 
The base is an empty spool, painted with gesso & edged with silver paint. I stamped
 Hobby Art's snowman, Jasper, with Onyx Black Versafine onto white card, coloured him with watercolour pencils & cut him out............

 
 
I decorated the base with tiny vials, a silver poinsettia from my stash & shaved ice fragments from the Fran-tage Encrusted Jewel Kit...............
 
 
 
 
 
The finished tree again.................
 
 
 
 
 
 
Forest  Jasper The Snowman   Sparkle Medium Diamond  Encrusted Jewel Kit1/2 metre of silver Diamond Mesh
 
    Small Glass Vials 12 pcs   Medium Glass Vials 10 pcs     Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml  
 
 
Thanks for looking & for all the kind comments this month, Lisa, the rest of the DT & I really appreciate them.
 
The blog challenge is open until 11pm on Saturday night, so there's still time for you to enter. Visit the challenge page for all the details.
 
Friday is class day in Maidstone & once again, I will be running the classes, along with Jan, Kate, Rosemary & Jo. We will be bringing reduced stock, so please let us know as soon as possible if there's anything in particular you need. As always, the shop will be open from 2.30 to 9.30pm so feel free to drop in.
 
To those attending the classes....
 
Remember to bring a palette knife please!
 
We will have a few spare ones, but there won't be enough for everyone.
 
I think that's it or now. If you've any questions/queries/thoughts please contact Lisa or myself via here on the blog/email/Facebook.
 
Until next time, happy crafting
 
Kirsten


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.