Friday 2 September 2016

Sweet Poppy Agapanthus with Distress Inks

 
 
 
Hi there crafters, here's my last blog post featuring the ghosting technique.
 
 
 
I started with my usual 7" x 7" white card and matted a piece of black card
5 ¾" x 5 ¾"  and a slightly smaller piece of Super Smooth white card.
 
I then used Squeezed Lemonade with Seedless Preserves Distress Inks to create my background.
 
 
Left that to dry for a short while then stamped it with the Bits & Pieces No 03 stamp using the Seedless Preserves Distress Ink a few times.
 
  
Then using the Imagination Crafts Honeycomb stencil and using a make up sponge I randomly padded the White Gesso through the stencil a few times
 
  
Then I wanted a bit of dimension so used the Sweet Poppy Black Dimension Paste and the Sweet Poppy Agapanthus Stencil, I tapped it down by putting a piece of white card either side of the stencil and tapping it down using the Imagination Crafts Repositionable Tape.
 
  
I then spread the paste through the stencil before carefully removing the tape, card and stencil then using plastic straw cut down to create a point, spread some glitter over the wet paste a few times and left to dry overnight, I actually left it for 2 nights as I went away for a couple of day with work :o) 
 
 I decided it didn't need any further stamping so just added a little raised sentiment and finish matting on to my original card.
 
Thank you for dropping by the blog today, hope to see you again very soon.
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 


 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Love this card Jan, fab use of colour and the gesso looks great as a feature! Love the stencil too, fab all round really!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, Jan. I love the drama of the B&W.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.