Wednesday 14 September 2016

Hobby Art Nature Trail Tutorial.......

 
Morning everyone,

Apologies this post is a little late from me this morning!!!
I had a very rare day off with my hubby yesterday and we headed down the coast as it was such a hot day here and had a pedal about on our bikes and there was a breeze...... it was so lovely. 
It is something that we used to do a lot but my life has been somewhat hectic over the last year as you well know!!! 
Anyway I was so tired last night that I forgot to write up my blog post so here it is now....... 

As promised a little tutorial on the gorgeous Nature Trail Stamp set from Hobby Art, this is the set below. I love it as it is such a versatile set, you can do lots of scenes with animals or you can just use the scenery and create a lovely snowy scene. 

It is my favourite Hobby Art set so far this year!.......


So........ 

I die cut a circle from white Watercolour Card using a die from my stash.
First of all I created a simple scene from the stamp set using Versafine Black Onyx ink pad and the large deer and tree from the set to put my main focal's in the foreground, I also added a bird above. Then I decided that I didn't want to add more black stamping for the background but did want to add more trees, so I chose to use Rusty Hinge Distress ink and the pine looking tree from the set.
I stamped them around the deer image and then used the edge of a piece of copy paper to mask off the deer and the other tree before stamping over it. I used a water brush to pull the colour in the trees and make them fuller.
The main foreground images I coloured in with Spectrum Aqua Pens of which there is a great price deal on my website at the moment. I then added a light grey around the main images to make them pop more. 
It really was a simple little picture.....


Next was to create a background for the card so I cut a piece of white card 5.75" square and using the Rusty Hinge Distress Ink I stamped using the snowflake stamp from the set first and second generation images around the outside of the square working in towards the centre. I also added a slight back edge using my black ink pad around the outside of the square. 

At this point I was really liking this background for the card, you never know how it is going to be sometimes until you play.


The background was very delicate and I wanted to bring a little drama back into the card and make the main image pop more so I cut some matting layers. A kraft card background to go behind the snowflake background and then a black layer behind that and also a die cut black circle to mat the main image on.....


I then decided it would be great to bring a few more trees in to the scene and extend them over the background, so I stamped the lovely bare tree trunks on to kraft card using the versafine black ink and then cut them out. I used a archival fineliner to draw a top to the tree trunks just to finish them off more........


Then it was the great fun bit of putting the card all together.....

I matted it together placing one of the tree trunks behind the main circle image to make it have more depth and be interesting. I also stamped a Merry Christmas message from the brand new Hobby Art Christmas Wording Stamp Set, added some snowflakes and mat and layered it and added it to the card. ( I forgot to take break down photos of this bit!!) 

And so here is the finished card, I was pretty pleased with it and loved making it so much that I went on to make another different one below but in a similar way......


A closer look.......


The second card that I went on to make......
As I said, I really do love the versatility of this set......


Well that is all from me for now, I wish you a great week. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and have a look at my blog. Let me know what you think......

Time for me to get back to work now......

No peace for the wicked!!!!

Crafty love and hugs....

Lisa B xx

Nature TrailChristmas Frosting
VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black  Spectrum Aqua Pens Watercolour Card

   

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and this set does look versatile for winter makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards, especially the one with the trees weaving in and out. Very calming for Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful, classic Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.