Tuesday 20 September 2016

Christmas Mittens

Good morning crafters, Julie here.
The weather seems to have turned a little compared to recent weeks and it feels more like autumn....so here goes with another Christmas card using the cute Have A Very Mice Christmas stamp set from Hobby Art.



First I made the background using a square of super smooth card, a snowflake stencil and 
Aqua Sea Sparkle Medium, I set it aside to dry and started on the main event.


I stamped the mouse in the mitten 3 times on a scrap piece of super smooth card in Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat set with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder. Then I coloured the stamped images with various Spectrum Aqua pens (on offer on the website at the moment).



I stamped the message on a piece of co-ordinating blue card and heat set with 
WOW! Bright White embossing powder and mat and layered onto some white card (as I just so happened to have a scarp of super smooth handy!), then onto silver Mirri card. I trimmed and backed the background and matted and layered onto some silver Mirri card also.


I poked/ punched 2 holes just in from the edge of the card 2cm down from the top to hang my baker's twine line on, using 2 fluffy brads from my stash. I pegged the cut out images on my line so I could arrange them securing the images in place with a double sided sticky pad and some cosmic shimmer glue under each peg and attached the entire piece onto a 7x7 card blank. Finally I added a little Icicle Stickles to the mittens.


Have A Very Mice Christmas  Aqua Sea SM   Spectrum Aqua Pens  VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black   Clear Gloss Regular WEP   Bright White Regular WEP   Stickles Icicle  Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml  Woodware Mini Mounting Pads - White- 1mm  


I hope you like today's make, bye for now.

Julie x

2 comments:

  1. Love these little chaps! So cute just hanging there, fab idea to use them like that. The sparkle medium looks great used in the background xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.