Friday 9 September 2016

Hobby Art Poinsettia Banner

 
Hi Crafters, well our countdown to Christmas has begun, where is the year going?
 
You may have seen this little card at the workshop on Friday and here's how it was made.
 
 
This time I started with a 6" x 6" white card and matted it with some black card which I painted the border with Black Starlights.  I then matted it with a smaller piece of white card I'd run through a snow fall embossing folder.
 
 
I then stamped the small Poinsettia with leaves from the Hobby Art Poinsettia Stamp (CS141D) twice onto plain white Super Smooth card using Versafine then embossed with WOW clear embossing powder.
 
 
I then painted the image up using Starlights as follows:
 
The Flower - Red
The Leaves - Menthol
 
I did take care and tried not to cover the black lines, when I did go over the lines I managed to wipe it off using a baby wipe.
 
I then decided it looked a little flat so stamped the image up twice again and painted just the flower in the same way.  I then cut out the centre petals of the flower so I could decoupage them.
 
 
 
I then cut out two banners in white then black for matting by using a Sue Wilson die, but this can easily done by hand.
 
 
To stamp the sentiment I used the Season's Greetings stamp included in the set but masked off the word I didn't want stamp for each banner, then clear embossed them as before.
 
I offset each banner for effect and that was the card done, nice and easy, here it is again
 
 
Thanks again for dropping by the blog today and hope you enjoyed it.  Good luck with your Christmas card making :o)
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Love the simple style Jan, perfect for Christmas and the banners look good with the dimension xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, elegant card. The poinsettia really stand out against the white background.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.