Monday 26 September 2016

Christmas? Bah Humbug!


Hello everyone, Kirsten here, hope you had a nice weekend. I've got two more Hobby Art cards to show you today & those who know me well won't be at all surprised by the first card. ;-)

When I saw the Poles Apart stamp set, I immediately knew what my first Christmas card of 2016 would be. This polar bear looks completely fed up with even the mention of Christmas, I'm sure his name must be Mr Scrooge!

I created a very simple background with Distress inks - Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac, Salty Ocean - & some masking off of areas. I stamped the polar bear first, then the penguin, which I also masked off, before stamping the iceberg.

I stamped the words from the Hobby Art Christmas Frosting stamp set, painted them with
Turquoise Starlights & added the punctuation from the Hobby Art Alphabet Typed stamp set..........



 I don't usually make the class cards these days, but there was a pack left over from the September class & because in all the years I've been crafting I've never made a slider card, I decided to have a go.

I followed the layout of the class card but used Hobby Art's Winter's Snowflakes stamp set for the background & Spectrum Aqua pens from the Floral set, I like non-traditional Christmas colours............

(The Spectrum Aqua pens are on sale on the website)


Poles ApartPoinsettiaChristmas FrostingWinter's SnowflakesAlphabet TypedTurquoise SLSpectrum Aqua PensSalty Ocean - Mini    Seedless Preserves - Mini Shaded Lilac - Mini    VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black    7x7 White Card Blanks & Envelopes   

So that's it, my first two Christmas cards this year. Hopefully, making more will be slightly less painful from now on, lol!

The Lisa B Designs October classes in Maidstone are fast approaching. We'll have more information soon, but if you'd like to reserve a place in either the afternoon or evening class, contact Lisa on 01622 675068/lisabaker1@btinternet.com, or message the Lisa B Designs Facebook page

Thanks for visiting the blog today, have a great week.

Kirsten


1 comment:

  1. Love the Polar friends! The polar bear does look a bit cheesed off doesn't he! Love the simplicity and comedy; right up my street! xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.