Tuesday 6 September 2016

The Holly and The Ivy


Good morning crafters, Julie here, I hope you're well, here goes with my first Christmas card of 2016.............! 


I have used The Holly & The Ivy stamp set from Hobby Art, the Pine Sprigs stencil from Craft Emotions, Chartreuse Sparkle Medium & Distress inks.

As usual I used a 16cm square of super smooth card, stamping the holly and ivy sentiment from the Hobby Art stamp set in the centre of the card in Onyx Black Versafine and heat embossing in WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder.

Next I masked off part of the Craft Emotions Pine Sprigs stencil as I wanted the sentiment area clear, then I applied Chartreuse Sparkle Medium through the stencil with a palette knife. I couldn't cover the whole 16cm square in one go as the stencil wasn't wide enough, so I set it aside to dry and then re-masked and finished covering the square of card to complete the background.



I then stamped the holly and the Ivy stamps from the Hobby Art stamp set twice in Versafine on watercolour card and set with clear embossing powder. I then put Distress inks on my tile
and painted the stamped images. The colours I used for the holly were Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles and Festive Berries and the ivy was painted in Peeled Paint and Pine Needles. Once these were dry I cut them out.



I then layered my background on to pieces of black and gold Mirri card then stuck it on to my 7x7 card black. I then arranged and stuck on my holly and ivy using double sided sticky pads to complete the card.


The Holly & The Ivy    Pine Sprigs CEST A5          

I hope you liked my first Christmas card of the year, see you next week.

Love Julie x

4 comments:

  1. Very clever layering! Love the colour combo too xxx every time I read that sentiment I want to break into song...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card...that cutting out looks like it was fiddly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card as usual Julie, I love that stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layering of the different elements, love it.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.