Friday 23 September 2016

Hobby Art Poinsettia & Sparkle Medium


Hi there crafters, today's card is centred around just the large Poinsettia stamp from the Hobby Art Poinsettia Stamp Set and Sparkle Medium.


So this time I started with a 6" x 6" white card and matted it with green mirri card, then a white matt.  Followed by another matt of red mirri card then plain white for the image.

The next step was to cover some white Super Smooth Card with Sparkle Mediums to create my own sparkly card.

I used the Woodware Mini Brayer to do this and only used enough card to stamp my images.  I used the following for each element:


For the leaves - Sage Green
For the Flower - Bright Red

I left them to dry for quite a while before stamping using the large flower head and stamping that twice and the medium leaf six times onto the green, ensuring you use a lot of pressure by using the Stampeazee acrylic press.




(Sorry about the quality of the photos, sparkle medium reflects too much because it's so sparkly, in a good way)

I then cut out all the images ready to decoupage.  I decided to cut out the second layer of frons individually to create more height.


I put the Poinsettia together by adding a piece of 3D foam and then gluing the frons into place.  I didn't mind about the foam pad showing because I knew I was covering it up with a large Dazzler.


I stamped the Season's Greetings sentiment on to white card and matted it up with red mirri card.  Then just assembled the card as you can see but made sure I 3D the flower head for even more height and placed a large yellow Dazzler in the centre.

Card done, here it is again.


 I hope you enjoyed this nice easy card, look forward to seeing you next time.

Love Jan -x-


  









1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Jan. The layers of the poinsettia look great.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.