Friday 30 September 2016

Monochromatic Hobby Art Poinsettia

Hello again crafters, wow how these Fridays come around so quickly.
Today's card has been done with the Hobby Art Poinsettia in a black and white theme.

I took a 7" x 7" white card and matted it with plain black card , then I cut a slightly smaller piece of the Super Smooth white card and using Versafine Black Onyx ink I stamped the poinsettia images as seen below then clear embossed.


I wanted to create a poinsettia background just using Versamark &  Wow Bright White Embossing Powder, so masked off all three images using Mask-it then started to randomly stamped the large poinsettia stamp over the masked images.



Once the first layer was done, I removed the mask from the large image an replaced it over some of the white embossed areas so I could do the same again to fill in the gaps you can see in the above picture :o)


Once all that was done, I wanted to decoupage the black outlined images so stamped onto black card using clear Versamark and embossing with Wow Bright White and stamped the images again on to white card using Versafine Black Onyx and Wow Clear Embossing Powder.  I then cut out the images as I wanted them layered onto the images.


Next was the sentiment, I used the Merry Christmas stamp from the same set and stamped onto some Super Smooth white card, quite a large piece so I could cut it down to fit the card, then masked the sentiment with a pieced of Mask-it then randomly stamped the large poinsettia over the image and embossed. 



 I then cut it down to the size I wanted then backed it with a piece of black card.

Then I built up the poinsettias forming them as I stuck them on and glued small gems in the centre of each poinsettia.


Thank you for dropping by the blog today and I hope you enjoyed it.
Love Jan -x-








2 comments:

  1. Such a great card, love the background embossing, fab idea 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The embossed background looks great & the layered poinsettias are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.