Wednesday 31 August 2016

September Newsletter

Hi everyone, Lisa here, how are you? 

I hope you've had a great  August, I've certainly enjoyed the gorgeous weather we've had the last few weeks. As usual it was a busy month for me, with two visits to the Hochanda studios for Imagination Crafts. I returned on Monday, following our One Day Special shows. Thank you very much for all the lovely comments and messages on the MDF baubles. I really enjoyed designing them and I was thrilled with how they turned out, so it's wonderful to get such a positive response. All of my samples can be seen in my board on Imagination's Pinterest page.

This Friday is class day in Fant Lane Community Hall, Maidstone; it seems to come round quicker every month. We are heading into autumn, so I've decided that we need to make a start on our Christmas cards and with that in mind, we're going to be using some of the beautiful new Christmas stamp sets from Hobby Art, as well as the Cardio Combinations Fern Branch & Pine Branch sets.



Here's a sneak peek of the class projects............


                 

If you already own any of these stamp sets, please feel free to bring them along for your own personal use.

It would be helpful if you could also bring the following.........

Fine detail paintbrushes
2 x 1 pennies
Baby wipes

(I know not all of you have the Spectrum Aqua pens & the Versafine ink pad. I do have a set of pens & a few ink pads, but not enough that you won't have to wait to use them).

***Please make sure your items are labelled with your name.***

Class times are 2.30 to 5.30 and 6.30 to 9.30. There are a few places available in both, so if you would like to join us, please contact me on 01622 675078, before lunchtime on Thursday, September 1. This gives me time to prepare your class project kit.

The cost of the class is £16. This includes your projects, a tool kit to use during the class and complimentary tea/coffee with a slice of cake. A deposit of £6, or full payment in advance will secure your place. Please make any cancellations three days in advance, this gives me time to try to fill your place. After that, deposits are non-refundable.

The mobile shop will be in Fant Hall from 2.30 to 9.30 on Friday night - remember to bring your loyalty cards! The shop is open to all, so even if you're not attending a class, feel free to drop in. 
In other news for September, I have hired a stand at the Arts and Crafts Fair, which is taking place alongside the Southern Model Show at Headcorn Aerodrome, TN27 9HX, on September 10 and 11. It's the first time I've done a craft fair for Lisa B Designs and I'm quite excited to see how it goes. So, if you're free during that weekend, come and say hello. I'll post more information on the Lisa B Designs Facebook page next week.

If any of you will be near Exeter between September 22 and 25, why not visit the Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts show at the Westpoint Centre? I'll be demoing alongside Sue on the Imagination Crafts stand; A11, we'd love to see you.

After Exeter, we'll be off to Port Sunlight on the Wirral for the Happy Stampers show. It's only one day, so it's always madly busy, but it's great fun. So yes, it's another hectic month for me. :-)

I think that's all the news I have for now.
 I'll see lots of you on Friday in Fant Lane Community Hall and I hope to be back with the October newsletter at the end of September. Have a great month.

Hugs,
Lisa B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.