Thursday 2 March 2017

Lavinia Stamps on a Yupo Background


Hello crafty crew!
It's March already! Spring is in the air and the flowers are peeking their heads above ground -  my favourite time of year. I love to watch the countryside come to life and think in my own little world that the fairies have danced it all into being...

This week I am going to share my last blog post featuring Lavinia Stamps with Alcohol Inks.
I started with a piece of Yupo Paper, and using a blending tool and Felt Pads, I added some Mermaid Alcohol Ink to the top half and Cool Peri to the bottom.


To blur the divide a little, I added some Blending Solution to some felt and dabbed it all over the paper.


Once the ink was dry (it takes a while on Yupo Paper) I added a mask to the top half of the paper (cut in a large circle to create a moon). I wanted the moon to be pale, so I took a piece of cotton wool, added some Blending Solution to it and wiped in circular motions inside my mask.


Along the bottom of the paper I wanted to create some foliage. I used Meadow and Limeade Alcohol Inks, adding drops direct from the bottle in lines coming upwards. I then used Blending Solution on a Felt Pad to blur the edges and mix the colours a little.


Once the background was dry, it was time to add my stamps. I used Black Archival Ink to stamp the Nightwatch Fairy, Mini Star Group and one of the Woodland Hares. To create the yellow foliage, I stamped the Zen Rose and Weaving Ivy Vines in Versamark and heat embossed with Pastel Yellow Wow Powder. The Yupo Paper did warp slightly when it was heated, so when it came to sticking it to my card blank I had to use super-sticky tape to hold it down! Some Stickles to highlight and that was my card all done.


Thank you for looking; I hope to see you at Lisa's classes in Maidstone on Friday, if you want to join us please give Lisa a call on 01622 675078 and we will look forward to meeting you!

Love
Martina
xx



Meadow AICool Peri AIMermaid AILimeade AIAlcohol Blending SolutionFelt Applicator Pads 20pk Alcohol Ink YupoArchival Inkpad Jet BlackPastel Yellow WEPVersamark Ink PadStickles Starry NightStickles Lime GreenWoodland Hares LAVSTNightwatch LAVSTStar Group (mini) LAVSTWeaving Ivy LAVSTZen Rose LAVST

2 comments:

  1. Very clever girl, lovely card :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great, I love the different layers of inks & stamping.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.