Friday 10 March 2017

Hobby Art Poppy Heads



Hello crafters, well new month new blogs, as you know it's all about Hobby Art.
I took a 7" x 7" white card blank and folded the front in half to form a small concertina. 

 

The next thing was to stamp the inside of the card, so using the largest Poppy flower head from the Hobby Art Corn Field Stamp set, I started on the left of the card and stamped just the head of the flower using Black Versafine and Wow Clear Embossing Powder.

I then stamped it again onto Mask-it and used that to mask the first image



 I carried on along the bottom of the card.



The final image I decided to give a little dimension so stamped it onto another piece of card and measured where it would go in the bottom right had corner.



I placed the cut out image onto the card and firmly holding it in place I turned the card over and marked the edges in pencil to cut out.

 

Once cut out I 3D it with foam and placed onto the card.

 

The next thing was to stamp the focal element of the card, so cut a strip of black then white card which I passed through with an embossing folded then placed onto the folded strip and flat matted it onto the card.

 

I stamped the Poppy head again, but this time, using water colour pencils, coloured it in then once it was dry I cut it out and then covered it in Glossy Accents.

 
I then took the Imagination Craft Script Art Stamp using the same ink and powder and stamped it onto a piece of white card about 5 x 5 cms, then matted that onto some black card, then 3D that onto the top of the folded card before placing the cut out poppy head into the centre.



Thank you for dropping by the blog today, hope you enjoyed it.

Love Jan -x-

 
 
 


Lisa is celebrating 500 likes on the Lisa B Designs Facebook page with a little giveaway, it's open until Sunday, March 12, if you'd like to join in.

***On the website, some Hobby Art stamp sets have been reduced in price by 25% - 40%.***

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I always stick to square cards and this is a lovely twist, the script stamp looks great,a nice size 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lisa. Love those Poppy's Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.