Monday 27 March 2017

Hobby Art's Funky Bird Wall Hanging

Hello everyone, Kirsten here, happy Monday. Can you believe that we're only days away from the end of March already?? Hope you've had a great month. My Hobby Art project today is the Funky Bird stamp on a little MDF plaque..................




I began by applying Deco Art's Chalky Finish paints on to the plaque with my fingers. I love painting like that, the heat from your fingers makes the paint really easy to move & blend. 

When the base layer was dry. I used more of the paints - Smitten & Innocence - through That's Crafty! Dinky stencils - Bubbles & Quatrefoil 1..................




The next layer was Chalk White MDF paint through the Fleur Dinky stencil...........




Stamping was next. I used Archival inks with the crackle stamp from Hobby Art's Textures stamp set along with the tiny detail stamps from the Floral Collage stamp sets..........



I stamped the bird onto white card with Onyx Black Versafine, heat set it with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder, painted it with Raspberry Sorbet & Canary Yellow Starlights then cut it out. I stamped the quote from the Woodware Hand Drawn Sentiments set directly onto the plaque, again with Versafine & heat setting with clear gloss EP.............




I glued a torn strip of washi tape from my stash to the plaque to give the bird something to stand on, then I punched two holes in the top of the MDF, added a length of ribbon & turned the plaque into a wall hanging. That was the project finished, hope you like it.




Funky Bird - NEW!!   Chalky Finish Paints    Dinky Stencil - Bubbles  Dinky Stencil - Fleur  Dinky Stencil - Quatrefoil 1Floral Collage by Lisa B

Hand Drawn Sentiments    MDF Paint - Chalk WhitePink Sorbet SL - NEW!! VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black     Clear Gloss Regular WEP    

I've got a few more Hobby Art projects to come next week, so I'll be back then. Have a great week. 

***On the website, some Hobby Art stamp sets have been reduced in price by 25% - 40%.***

**Lisa is doing a PaperArtsy workshop on  May 27. For more information click HERE.**

Kirsten





No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.