Thursday 30 March 2017

A Hare Amongst the Grasses!



Good morning all! Martina here with my final post for Lisa this month showcasing the Hobby Art March Hares Stamp Set.

For this card I wanted to make my friend 'Hercules' the hare (that is not his 'official' name!) the main image, but with little hints of texture and layers in the background. I chose gentle colours for the background to make him really pop!

Using Watercolour Card I stamped and coloured Hercules. I stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and coloured with Distress Inks. Once I was happy, I made a mask and covered him up!


Using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, I  made a very pale sky with a blending tool. I then used various shades of green Distress Ink to stamp the grasses which are also included in the Hobby Art March Hares Set. These are really useful little stamps and I can see them coming out all the time! I used Dusty Concord to stamp the flower sprigs, (also included) until I was happy with my composition. It is very hard to see from the photo, but I also started to add some texture here, using some of the stamps from the Hobby Art Decorative Backgrounds Set. I started using Tumbled Glass Ink with the swirly stamp, but this was very pale...


To build up the layers and intensity, I used all the ink colours I had used so far within my topper and stamped using the various other stamps within the set. I also coloured in the flower heads and added some green shading to the grass area at the base. Final touch: a sentiment from my stash!


Having just looked back at those pictures I can see how the colour changes at night (only the last one was taken in the daytime!) I wasn't up past bedtime - honest!


Watercolour Card March HaresDecorative Backgrounds HA Memento Ink Pad Tuxedo Black Bundled Sage - MiniMowed Lawn - Mini Seedless Preserves - MiniTumbled Glass - Mini



***On the website, some Hobby Art stamp sets have been reduced in price by 25% - 40%.***

**Lisa is doing a PaperArtsy workshop on  May 27. For more information click HERE.**


See you again soon!
Love.
Martina
xxx




3 comments:

  1. He really is a magnificent hare, I really love how you've made him pop 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think he has a good personality xx

      Delete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.