Tuesday, 7 March 2017

Hobby Art Sweet Peas & Starlights


Good morning crafters, Julie here. The theme for March is gorgeous Hobby Art stamps, so here is my first project of the month. I had a play with the Sweet Peas stamp set.....




I used watercolour card for my base and stamped all the elements with Onyx Black Versafine and heat set with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder.

Then I chose the colours of Starlights I wanted to use; Mint, White Gold, Menthol, Antique Pink, Passion Flower, Lilac Mist,  Pearl and Apple Green. I dispensed one colour at a time onto my tile and mixed with water to allow me to paint the sweet peas in with a detailed paint brush. The background looked too white, so I broke this up with random patches of Starlights to soften the result.




Once dry I used an inverse corner punch on 2 diagonally opposite corners and mounted onto some lilac card stock from my stash ( which I also used the punch on to add some interest). This was then mounted onto my card and finished with 2 lilac pearls in the cutout corners. No glitter to finish this time, as there was enough shimmer in the project from the Starlights.




This is a quick make, but by using a different sentiment from the stamp set the card could be for an anniversary, get well, just a note or a Mother's Day card.

Well, that's me done for today, I hope you have a good week. See you next Tuesday.

      Sweet Peas HA       Apple Green SL     Antique Pink SL Lilac Mist SL     Mint SLPearl SL   

VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black     Clear Gloss Regular WEP    

Love, Julie x

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card! The pastel colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Julie, love the pretty colours xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.