Friday 10 November 2017

Woodware Snowman

Hi there crafters, sorry it's been such a long time since I last blogged.
Today's little card is a quick and easy one which I used the Woodware Mr Frosty stamp and the Hobby Art Snowflakes stamps, I thought they complimented each other

I started with a 7" x 7" white card blank and cut three pieces of silver mirri and three pieces of white card as follows:
Mirri = 6" x 6"
5.1/4" x 5.1/4"
3.3/4" x 3.3/4"

White Card = 5.3/4" x 5 3/4"
5" x 5"
3.1/2" x 3.1/2"



On the largest piece of white card I used the Hobby Art Snowflakes and randomly stamped the largest of the snowflakes all over the card using the Press to Impress Stamping Tool and Versa Colour Baby Blue


I carried on the same way with the second largest piece of card until I was happy they had enough snowflakes



On the smallest piece of white card I stamped the Woodware Mr Frosty Image using Versamark and Wow Bright White Embossing Powder, I know it looks a bit pale but the card does look good in the flesh :o)


The next thing was to stamp the same image on some Woodware Mask-it to create a mask for me to continue with the snowflake stamping without going over the snowman.



Once I removed the mask I wanted to give the snowman a little colour, so using my water colour pens I coloured in his hat, scarf and nose, then used a silver Gel pen to colour in the Stars.


Then all that had to be done was assemble all the elements together by simply matting all the layers together.  I flat matted the first two layers then 3D the snowman image for dimension.  I stamped one of the little sentiments on top of the card and then added a few die cut snowflakes I already had in my stash.  Because I had used 3D foam on the snowflakes and they were and open pattern you could see the pad behind the snowflake so just put a little glitter in the centre of each snowflake to hide the pad.

Here's the card again.


Thanks for dropping by the blog today, and hope you enjoyed it, maybe try using black Versafine for the snowman I'm sure he will look just as jolly :o)

Love Jan -x-





Gift Vouchers Available 
                                            lisabdesigns@btinternet.com/01622675078

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.