Wednesday 1 November 2017

November Snowmen Class Cards.....

Good evening all......

Apologies for the lateness of this post but you know what they say......better late than never!

I have had a rather exciting week so far, a little different from the one planned but never the less all good. I got called in to help out at my sister's yesterday as my beautiful niece Heidi had her second child yesterday and we welcomed in to the world a gorgeous baby boy to our family weighing in at a hefty 9lb 3oz, no wonder she was exhausted by the end of the pregnancy. He is so lovely and I can't wait for another cuddle! So hence no blog post was wrote up and scheduled last night ( see I did have a good excuse! )

Anyway, enough of my news and back to the crafting........

These are the two variations of cards that I made for last Fridays Craft Class at Fant Hall. Now apologies again as I didn't realise that this would be such a popular subject and although I bought a lot of stock in, we sold out of nearly all of it at the classes and as I only have the Christmas Party Classes left I won't be restocking these but at least you get to see the ideas here on the blog.

So........I don't know about you but I love snowmen, I always have even from a small child and these gorgeous Woodware Stamps were right up my street and inspired me so much. I really love the different characters of them all. I also used a lovely Snowflakes stamp set from Hobby Art.




Here are the stamp sets that I used pictured below........


Image result for woodware snowman family

Image result for Hobby Art Snowflakes

The trees in the background were done by inking through the waste from Joy Crafts Happy Holidays Pine Trees dies. I used Distress inks in two different greens to add a contrast to them. I stamped some tiny snowflakes with Versacolor Baby Blue on to the background too.

The foreground was made by cutting two pieces of watercolour card into opposite mound shapes and then adding some colour with a blue watercolour pen. I then adhered some double sided sticky film to the coloured side of the mounds, trimmed off the excess and then pulled off the other side to reveal the sticky side and added loose fine glitter to the mounds. Little tip: If you burnish them ( rub them hard )  with your finger it will show the colour through more.

I then stamped my snowmen on to watercolour card with Black Onyx Versafine ink  and the coloured in the snowmen with watercolour pens and cut them out. I attached the mounds and the snowmen to the background, matted it with black card and attached it to my card and then finished odd with a little more glue pen and glitter.

The great things is with these snowmen that you can chose how many you want to use and make different scenes with them as you can see below......


The second card that I designed was made in a similar war but I used a Stampendous Snow globe stamp as the O in the word snow.

Related image

The circle of the globe was coloured in the same way as the first card and again covered with double sided sticky film and then glittered in the same way, The background was made using the Snowflake stamp set and Distress Inks and Versacolors. I used a set of alphabet dies from my stash to cut the letters out.


You can change the look of the card by choosing different colours......


Well that is all from me for today, I am going to put my feet up and have a cuppa.
Have a great week and I will be back soon with some more makes....

Big hugs
 Lisa B xxx
  
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets A4Diamond Frost Aurora SparkleVersaFine Onyx Black

Mowed Lawn - Mini   Bundled Sage - Mini  Versacolor Baby Blue    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.