Wednesday 8 November 2017

Jofy Christmas Card.........

Good afternoon all,

This post is a bit later than planned but you know me!!!!

Well I haven't been that great this past week as I came down with a cold that seems to be going around and the virus has really affected my fibro and it has been so painful but hopefully I will kick the cold soon and feel a little better. There are a lot worse off people in this world, that's what I keep telling myself!

Anyway enough of my babble.........and onto the crafting...... 

I thought that I would show you today a card that I made using one of the fabulous new stamps from Jo Firth Young. I just love Jo's designs, they are right up my street and I love the contemporary look of them.

The stamp set that I used was JOFY 56, I also added another stamp on the corners of the card from JOFY 55. I find these two stamps sets really work together but then I often find that with Jo's designs.


Image result for JOFY56Image result for jofy 55  


So this was quite a quick and simple make.......
On a 5.5" square of watercolour card I stamped the main image of the baubles from set JOFY 56 to the left hand top side of the card with Versamark Black Onyx. 
I then stamped the message from the same set on to the bottom right of the card. At this point I felt it needed some corner pieces, so I took the sort of shooting star stamp from set JOFY 55 and stamped it twice on each corner as shown going in opposite directions. 
I wanted to 3d some of the main bauble image so I stamped it again on a piece of spare watercolour card.

Then it was time to set about colouring.......

I used watercolour pens to colour in the images.
Once all the images were coloured I cut out a star and a noel tag from the spare piece that I stamped and added some 3d foam to the back of them and attached them to the card.

I wanted to add in some background but still keep the cleanness of it so decided to add some watercolour splatters with my paint brush and Distress Oxides.

Then to add some detail I used a gold marker pen to add in detail to the bauble top and the twine as you can see below. I also edged the outer of the square with a gold pen and then matted it on to yellow and then black card before attaching it to my card front.




 The last detail that I wanted to add to the card was some shine and glitter, so I used Glossy Accents on the bauble and all other areas that I had coloured red. I decided to add a touch of gold Glamour Dust glitter just to the left hand side off the bauble to add an extra glow to it and voila, I was done.



Well that is all from me for now, I will be back with you next week. 

Not long now before the Christmas Workshop in Grove Green and we're down to the last couple of places. Click for details and booking information

Have a great week
Hugs, Lisa B xx


Gift Vouchers Available 
lisabdesigns@btinternet.com/01622675078

VersaFine Onyx Black     Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide   Fired Brick Distress Oxide   




Mini Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.