Friday 24 November 2017

Paper Pierced Mr Frosty

Hi there crafters, another little Christmassy card for you again today.
 


So as usual I started with the 7" x 7" white card blank.
Then cut several pieces of card in lilac and white for matting, layering and embellishing as follows:
 
6 ½ x 6 ½  Lilac Bazzil Basics Card
6 ¼ x 6 ¼ Plain White Card
6 ¼ x 2 Lilac Strip
6 ¼ x 1 ¾ White Strip
6 ¼ x 1 ½ Lilac Strip
 
Then cut a piece of lilac card 4 ½ x 4 ½ then a piece of white card 4 x 4 for the image.
 
 
I then stamped the Woodware Mr Frosty stamp onto the 4 x 4 white card with a little sentiment then again on to some scrap, this is going to be for colouring and cutting out.
 
 
I tipped out a tiny amount of the Starlights Lilac Mist onto a tile and added a very small amount of water and carefully painted in the scarf and hat on the second snowman and painted the stars and hat band with Silver Starlights.
 
On the main image I decided to paint the snowman's body with some Blanc Rusty Patina and before it dried I sprinkled some glitter on him to give more texture.  I also coloured in his carrot nose with water colour paints.  Then cut out the hat, scarf and stars from the second image.
 
 
Next was to put the card together, before that I wanted to add some texture to the background, so using the Hobby Art Winter Snowflakes stamps and the Press to Impress platform I randomly stamped some snowflakes using Versamark and Wow Bright White Embossing Powder.
 
 
 
Then I layered up the white onto the lilac, then place the largest strip down in the centre first before matting the white then the next piece of lilac.
 
 
 
I then 3D foamed the back of the main image and placed that in the centre of the card.
 
Just as an embellishment I used one of the larger snowflakes from the Tando Mini Snowflakes and painted it with Rusty Patina again then covered it glitter, keeping the little start in the centre of the snowflake so I could place a little gem there.
 
I then wanted a bit more interest and just added a few random lilac gems to finish.
 
Here's the completed card again
 
 
Thank you for dropping by the blog again today,  hopefully will see you soon.
 
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.