Monday 6 November 2017

Christmas in the Country

Good morning, Kirsten here, I hope you had a great weekend. I have another card from last week's Maidstone classes to show you today. I wanted to make a different type of winter scene to the class projects, so I used the Woodware Clear Magic Snowman Family stamp with Hobby Art's Nature Trail set...........




First of all, a very easy background created with Distress Inks; Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade on a square of white card............



I stamped all my elements with Onyx Black Versafine and heat set with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder and coloured the snow people with Distress inks before cutting everything out. I also cut two pieces of white card to make hills. I blended Tumbled Glass Distress ink on both, stamped a sentiment from the Woodware Clear Magic Christmas Cheer set on what would be the lowest hills, then covered both pieces with double sided adhesive before applying 
Diamond Frost Frosty Dawn loose glitter on top...............




I spent a bit of time arranging the placement of the elements and deciding which of the snow people I was going to use.............




...........Before settling on the finished layout...............




I used a Micron black pen to ground the rabbit, deer and snow people, it worked very well over the glitter.

I am rather pleased with how this card turned out, I hope you like it too. 


Snowman Family - NEW!!!    Christmas Cheer - NEW!!!   Nature Trail HADiamond Frost Frosty DawnDouble Sided Adhesive Sheets A4    Micron Fineliners Pk of 3    

VersaFine Onyx Black    Clear Gloss Regular WEP    

We're days away from the Christmas Workshop in Grove Green and we're down to the last couple of places. Click for details and booking information

Until next time, have a great week.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.