Wednesday 28 June 2017

PolkaDoodles Summertime and Daisy Days........

Hello all, Lisa here with my final scheduled post and my last two cards for June. I'll be back from Spain by the time you read this, but I wanted to get ahead and not have to worry about doing a blog post when I got back. The Polkadoodles stamps I used on these cards sold out at the June classes, but you could always use different stamps - PaperArtsy, for example - to create a similar look.





I applied Hickory Smoke Distress Ink very lightly through the That's Crafty Distressed Harlequin Dinky stencil first, then I stamped the flowers, the sentiment as my focal images and the tiny detail stamps around the border. I stamped the flower heads again on to white card and cut them out. Everything was coloured with watercolour pens...........


                               


I made the background for the second card in the same way as the first on to two pieces of white card; one for the base and one for top layer................




I stamped the butterflies on to the card, then cut around them, leaving a border. I stamped the butterflies again on to scrap white card, colouring them in and cutting them out so I could layer them on  top of the base card.

I attached this piece of card onto black card and cut the black card, leaving a border that matched the white one. This I glued to the bottom stencilled layer and I matted and layered on to black card then onto a 7x7 white card blank............

                                    
                                   


Hickory Smoke - Mini    Dinky Stencil - Distressed Harlequin   Summertime    Daisy Days   

I'm taking bookings for the next two workshops at Grove Green. You can find the information about them HERE and there are still places on the July classes, information HERE.

That's it from me for now, have a great week.

Hugs, Lisa B xx






                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.