Tuesday 6 June 2017

PaperArtsy Blooms


Hello crafters, Julie here.
After the success of the Paperartsy workshop at Grove Green I've made a card using the lovely JOFY13 stamp set (sold out at present). 




I stamped the flower head only 3 times on super smooth card and the centre of the flower 3 times in Onyx Black Versafine ink and heat set with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder and then cut these out (leaving a white edge to the large flower head but trimming to the line on the centres).




I then made my background using A Bit Jaded Infusions from PaperArtsy (these are fine pigment powders with small bits of walnut in them to make them more vintage). They are great for backgrounds or for stamping on or die cutting bits. They are very simple to use, all you do is lightly tap the powder though the hole you've made in the lid and then spritz with water and heat dry or air dry if you have the time. The Infusions come in a variety of gorgeous colours.
 I stencilled over the background using the Paperartsy stencil PS001 and DecoArt White Gesso.





I then used the Press to Impress Stamping Tool removing the rubber mat (as I was using thicker rubber stamps) and the border stamp from the stamp set to get this nice and straight round the backing edge (remember to clean the stamp each time and try on some scrap paper as you don't want ink on your background when you're trying to line it up).  This is a great tool and I love the fact you can stamp as many times as you like if you've accidentally mis-stamped (also great for finishing touches and making sure greetings etc are straight). It is good for new stampers and experienced alike and just a great tool to have in your stash and cheaper than a lot of other stamping platforms on the market.




After stamping the border I heat set it with Clear Gloss embossing powder and then coloured in the scallop edge with a white paint pen .



I matted my background onto black and then pink card before attaching to my card blank and the coloured my flower centres in and just gave a small pink highlight to the large flower heads. I shaped the flower heads a little and stuck the centres of the flowers on using Cosmic Shimmer attaching these to the card using double sided sticky pads.




I added some dots of colour to the border and centre of the flower heads to add some interest.
That's my make for today, hope you like it.


The next one day workshop is on 23 July, this time making canvas bags using Imagination Crafts' Textile Starlights and Rice Papers. Places need to be booked in advance and you can find more information HERE.

Happy crafting and see you next week.

Love, Julie x

JOFY13     Infusions - A Bit Jaded    PA Stencil PS001 (ELB)     VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black    Media Gesso - White   Clear Gloss Regular WEP    

Pen-Touch White Paint Pen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.