Thursday 1 June 2017

Make Time to Relax and Craft with Imagination...



Good morning all! Martina here, how are you? I was lucky enough to attend Lisa's Paperartsy workshop at the weekend and it was SO much fun! I did not finish all my projects, but that was fine, we covered lots of techniques, so I was able to carry on at home! I suppose the amount that I was chatting and biscuit-eating may have contributed to me running out of time, but we won't talk about that too much...

This week I am using Lisa's time theme stamps, the idea being a masculine card, with a hint of sparkle thrown in for good measure...

I began my card by cutting my base layer to size using Super Smooth Card. Using Vintage Photo Distress Ink I added some colour to the edges. I stamped the little 'hash' stamp from the Take Time Set in each corner in the same ink and heat embossed with Wow Clear Detail Powder. I also chose the words I wanted from the set and arranged them on a block before repeat stamping around my topper.


The next step was to make the topper panel to fit inside the backing piece above. Using the same ink and card, I used the Mosaic Sun Stencil to create my background.


I then began to play with my stamps from both of the sets. I knew I wanted the flying watch from the Time to Celebrate Set as the main image, so stamped this first in Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and embossed as before. I used a combination of the different brown tones to stamp various little accents and embellishments from the sets until I was happy. To make some of the details pop, I highlighted some areas with a Pen-Touch White Pen.


Now for my sparkly bit! I stamped the flying watch with some Staz-On Ink onto Acetate. Turning the acetate over I applied some Diamond Sparkle Medium thickly over the wings.


Once this was dry I cut around the wings, leaving part of the middle attached to make it easier for sticking later.

Wanting to add yet more dimension to the watch, I stamped it twice more and cut the faces out (leaving the rim around one and colouring as below).


Having another little play, I decided that I wanted to bring a little more detail and dimension to my card, so went back to my Acetate again. I stamped the tiny butterfly several times and then Brayered some Diamond Sparkle Medium across the back before setting aside to dry and cut out.


A bit of mattering and layering and there we have it...Oh, I nearly forgot - I added some Glossy Accents to make a dome on the watch face!


I hope you like it, I think it's still ok for a man's card even with the sparkle, don't you?

I look forward to seeing some of you at Lisa's class on Friday if you can make it (that is assuming I can survive half-term!)

Thank you for reading,
Martina
xxx

Art Stamps - Time To Celebrate - NEW!!Art Stamps - Take Time - NEW!!Mosaic Sun IMST Super Smooth White Clear Gloss Superfine WEP
Gathered Twigs - Mini Pen-Touch White Paint PenMini Brayer Diamond SM Acetate SheetsMini Glossy Accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.