Friday 30 December 2016

New Home Using Wooden Shapes & Starlights



Hello there crafters, well Christmas Day's over and now looking forward to a New Year.  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.  Did you get lots of crafting goodies?   I had a couple of things.

So today I thought, as it was the new year, perhaps I could do a new home card using the little Craft Emotions Home Sweet Home Wooden Shapes.



I took three of the little houses to spell out Home Sweet Home and painted the Sweet house with White Gesso before painting with Pearl Starlights, I painted the other two Home houses with Black Starlights.  I took two of the little hearts and painted them with Red Starlights.  I stuck two of the little keys together for dimension and again painted them but this time with White Gold Starlights.  I set them all aside to dry for a while.


 
Once the houses were dry, I decided to sparkle them up a little with some Sparkle Mediums, Black Stars and Diamond White.  I then stuck some acetate behind the windows, can't see it in the photo, sorry.  Then painted some spare card with the Red Starlights, cut it down to size and placed it behind both the Home pieces.

I took a 6" x 6" inch card blank and matted it with some card I had painted the border with the Black Starlights.


It was just a case of putting the little card together, so using some letter dies from my stash, and painting some spare white card with the Black Starlights. again, I spelt out the words, Your New.  I run the white matt layer through an embossing folder from my stash for effect then stuck the words onto the card.

I 3D the middle house with foam pads and stuck the black houses directly onto the card.  I threaded the little keys with Cranberry & Ivory bakers twine and secured to the back of the card before mounting all the layers together.

Here's a close look at the lettering and 3D piece.


Another very quick and simple card from me for my last post of 2016. 

I hope you all have a great New Year and thank you for all your support this last year and look forward to seeing you all in 2017

Love Jan -x-



 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.