Monday 12 December 2016

Above The Rooftops




Good morning, Kirsten here. There's less than two weeks to the big day, how are your preparations going? I'm making no comment about mine - :-) - so let's get straight on to today's project, the Santa & sleigh from the Merry Christmas set of MDF baubles from Imagination Crafts..................




I kept this one very traditional, using red, green & gold. I painted the outside of the bauble with Red Starlights & added Bright Red Sparkle Medium with a palette knife to get quite a thick layer of texture. 

I painted the Santa, sleigh & reindeer with Antique Gold Starlights on the top half & Topaz on the bottom half, then applied Gold Shine Sparkle Medium on the top half & Antique Bronze SM on the bottom half................



I wasn't sure what to do with the bottom half of the bauble until I woke at 3 one morning with an image of these Craft Emotions' houses in my head - not often I get inspired like that, but I'm grateful to my muse for visiting me, even if she did wake me at ridiculous o'clock. :-)

I painted the houses with Black, Antique Gold & Topaz Starlights & glued pieces of card I'd painted with Rich Gold Starlights to the other side, then used hot glue to stick them to the back of the bauble................



I die cut a pile of poinsettia & leaves (Tim Holtz' cutting dies from my stash), from thick card so that I could crumple & crease the die cuts, painted them with Red, Green & Emerald Starlights & added Gold Shine Sparkle Medium with my finger, then attached them to the bauble with hot glue..................



Emerald SL  Green SLRich Gold SL Antique Bronze SM  Bright Red SM    

 Home Sweet Home CEW



That's all from me for today, have a great week, see you next Monday. 

Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. I love this bauble Kirst, so beautiful and love the little houses. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant design, love the little houses, very clever and I would not have thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.