Friday 9 December 2016

Christmas MDF Arch

 
Hi there all, I hope you're all well and looking forward to the up and coming festivities.
 
Todays little offering is an MDF Trellis Arch Square with a little bit of added sparkle for Christmas, I think this would look nice with little lights running through it too.
 
 
So I started by painting the whole things with White Gesso to give it a nice base colour, left that to dry and painted all the pine cones with white Gesso too.
 
 
(I know there's only four here but I did paint six)
 
Whilst they were drying I mixed together 4 parts Topaz Starlight and 2 Parts Pearl Starlights (using a half teaspoon as my measure).  Then painted all of the trellis work of the arch back and front.  The base I wanted to be sparkly to using a Spatula I spread the Diamond Sparkle Medium all over the base and using a dabbing motion I dabbed the paste until it looked like little peaks.  I then sprinkled a little of the Sparkling Glitter and gently patted that in and left that to dry for a while.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I then painted the cones in three shades of the Starlights two of each colour as follows:
 
 
 
I then wanted to create my own background card to make the poinsettias so I used Red Starlights and dabbed it all over a piece of spare card and did the same using the Menthol Starlights using a Stencil Brush.
 

 
Once that was all dry I die cut the poinsettias, leaves and ivy using some dies from my stash.  I then thought it needed a sentiment so cut out a Merry Christmas sentiment twice once in red and then menthol and stuck them together slightly off set to give the illusion of a shadow.
 
 
Then it was just a case of assembling it all together, I only used Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue for this, as it was only paper that's all it needed.  I added some more sparkle using some of the Diamond Gems.
 
Here is it again
 
 
Thank you for dropping by the blog today, happy crafting,
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely project Jan, I can see this as a centrepiece with one of those LED candles under the arch & holly & ivy all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely make Jan, I agree with Kirsten. I see a candle at the base too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look Jan, very traditional and perfect for any room. A timeless piece xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.