Friday 3 July 2015

Sweet Poppy Butterfly

 
Hi there crafters, back for my regular Friday blog.
 
Phew, hasn't it been hot this week, at least we have air conditioning at work :o)
  
This weeks card is using the Sweet Poppy Butterfly Stencil and Soft Form Relief Paste and thought I'd go a little shabby for a change :o)
 

I'd previously spread the White Soft Form Relief Paste through the Sweet Poppy Butterfly Fancy stencil, then carefully arranged various colours of mauve and lilac glitter using a straw.
 
Here's what it looked like before removing the dried paste and glitter:
 
 
 
Using a 7 x 7 card I cut a piece of lilac card slightly smaller then white card slightly smaller again to form the layers.  I shredded the edges of both cards using the little Edge Crimper.
 
I used our favourite Imagination Craft Honeycomb stencil (date of blog this item was out of stock) for the background then stamping up with the Stampendous Vintage Contract Script Stamp using Dusty Concord distress ink, left it to one side to dry.
 
I cut the dried Butterfly image to the size I wanted and matted it with a darker mauve to match the butterfly and again distress the edges with the crimper.
 
Some of the elements
 
I thought I'd add a little more distressing by tearing some of the paper and rolling it back then added some little squares of dark mauve behind the tears for effect.
 
Once the background was all matted and layered I added three tags of ribbon behind the butterfly image then mounted that onto the card adding a little matching sentiment and finishing off with some lilac gems.
 
Thank you for dropping by the blog today, hope you liked the butterfly, I'm actually quite loving the stencils and paste and the affects you can get with them.  I've used Sparkle Mediums through them too with wonderful effects especially Champagne Gold Sparkle on black card
 and Black Stars Sparkle on white card.  The great things about Sparkle Medium is that is doesn't shed.  Here's a couple of pictures of projects waiting to happen.


 
 
Here are the products used in todays blog:
 

 
 
 




 
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the ombre glitter! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favourite SP stencils, love what you've done with it xx Zoe, Sweet Poppy design team member xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.