Monday 13 July 2015

Inka Gold Canvas




 

Hello, happy Monday. My Inka Gold project today is a canvas & as with last week's journal cover, it has lots of texture...........





I had used this canvas before & was bored with it, so I had taken everything off & painted it with DecoArt Media Black gesso before I decided to use it for this project. I added torn pieces of book text & then applied Glossy White Dimension paste through the Imagination Crafts' Wall stencil.....




Added more texture with scraps of Anna Marie Designs Trellis card , more dimension paste through the Imagination Crafts Leaf Swirl stencil..............




Next were drips of hot glue, various embellishments & a sentiment, then the entire canvas was painted with black gesso again, followed by a layer of gel medium to seal everything - important for the next stage............



I wanted to try spraying the Inka Gold paints, so I mixed my colours - Magenta, Champagne & Turquoise - with water in spray bottles

**Add the paint to the water. It will mix more easily.**




I began spraying, building up layers of colour, making sure to wipe the excess off the embellishments & letting the paint dry in between sprays.............






When I was happy with the background colour, I added Brown-Gold Inka Gold & Turquoise highlights to the top layer of embellishments & the letters.

 I stamped & die cut the butterfly, using the Stampendous Pen Pattern Butterflies & the matching Butterflies cutting dies & painted it with watered down Turquoise Inka Gold. 

I made the heart from Martha Stewart Air Dry Clay, painted it first with black gesso, then with Gold Inka Gold..........




Inka Gold - Champagne  Inka Gold - Magenta   Inka Gold - Turquoise   Inka Gold - Brown-Gold   Media Gesso - Black   Pen Pattern ButterfliesStampendous Crafter's Clay  Wall Stencil  Dimension Paste - Glossy White   Die- cut Trellis Card   WOODWARE SPRAY BOTTLES - PACK OF 2

Hard though it is to believe, Lisa's Crafting Extravaganza day is THIS COMING SATURDAY, July 18!!! Preparations are in full swing, Lisa is working almost round the clock & I'm helping out when I can. We hope you've all saved the date, it's going to be a good day out, with lots of great demos, lots to buy & a fantastic sale. 


If all the demos inspire you on the day, you can make a card yourself, like the ones below, or create your own. The Make & Take project costs just £2 to make one card.............




There will be a huge sale of crafting goodies, this is a very small portion of what will be available..............


There will also be a raffle with the money raised to the Heart of Kent Hospice..........


It is such a fantastic organisation in need of ongoing financial support, so we hope everyone will buy lots of raffle tickets.

That's all from me for today. I will be back on Thursday to show you the project I made with the left over paint from today's canvas. 

Kirsten






















No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.