Monday 25 August 2014

Slightly Psychedelic

 
 
Good morning blog visitors, Kirsten here. I hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday weekend. For my card today I used Adirondack inks again.......
 
 
 
I knew I would be using quite a lot of water for the background so I taped a piece of watercolour card to the larger of the two blending mats with a heavy duty masking tape - watercolour card/paper will buckle when wet, so the usual stencil tape wouldn't be strong enough to hold the card flat......
 
 
 
 
I swiped plenty of ink onto my craft sheet, making sure to keep the colours separate. I used Sunset Orange, Raspberry & Pool, from the Adirondack Brights collection........
 
 
 
I liberally spritzed the watercolour card with water & also used a wet, tapered paintbrush to apply the inks.........
 
 
 
I added more water & tilted the card this way & that to get the inks to run, until I was happy, then set the card aside to dry..........
 
 
 
 
 
 
I wanted to add white to the card, but couldn't use acrylic paint as it would absorb the colours from the inks & gesso would have been too white & too solid, so instead I used the Versacolor white ink pad & applied it through the Imagination Crafts Bubble stencil.............. 
 
 
 
 
 I dried the ink with my heat tool, then put the stencil down again so that I could overlap some of the bubbles............
 
 
 
 
I stamped the Woodware Clear Magic 'Georgina' flower with embossing ink onto
Anna Marie Designs black card, heat set it with WOW Bright White embossing powder, cut it out & used a craft knife to cut out the inner sections of the petals........
 
 
 
I attached the flower to the card with a Hobby House brad & pinched the petals slightly to give the flower a little dimension..........
 
 
 
I stamped the sentiment with Stazon black ink & the Alphabet Typed clear stamp set from Hobby Art, removed the white edges from the watercolour card, backed it with a piece of blue core'dinations card & then onto a 6x6 white card blank............
 
 
 
Georgina    Bubble    Alphabet Typed  Adirondack Brights Pool     Adirondack Brights Raspberry  Adirondack Brights Sunset Orange      Versacolor White      Stazon Jet Black   Emboss Ink Pads    WL01 Bright White 160ml   Hobby House Pearl 12mm Brads Vintage Mix       Plain Black     2 Ink Blending Mats    Precision Craft Knife    Heat Resistant Mat    Anti-static Pad  
 
I had some ink left over & I will be back tomorrow to show you the cards I made with it. Until then, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bright background for a eyecatching card. Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great colourful background and how clever to cut out the flower innards to let it show through! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.