Tuesday 19 August 2014

Embossed Stencilling

 
 
Good morning crafters, Kirsten here. The only idea I had when I started this card was that I wanted to use my Adirondack inks. I habitually use distress inks & I forget how nice the colours of the Adirondacks are.
 
014
 
I began by applying embossing ink through the TCW Mini Specimens stencil onto watercolour card & heat setting with WOW Bright White embossing powder. I apply embossing ink either with a piece of Cut & Dry foam, or directly from the ink pad. Both work perfectly well, the only thing to remember with using the ink pad is that the stencil will stick to it, so you have to make sure to use stencil tape on the reverse of the stencil & to hold it still with your other hand.
 
006
 
I swiped three colours of ink onto my craft sheet; Watermelon, Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow & spritzed them with water until the inks beaded.
 
008
 
I placed the embossed watercolour card on top & gently pressed it into the inks. As the inks soaked into the card I used a baby wipe to remove ink from the embossed areas & then left the card to dry naturally – you can use a heat tool, but I find the colours will fade somewhat.
 
010
 
I added some marks with a bottle cap & a gift card dipped into MS Beetle Black acrylic paint & a few black paint splatters too.............
 
012
 
I finished the card by matting & layering it onto yellow & aubergine core’dinations card & onto a 7x7 white card blank. The quote is a Tim Holtz stamp from my stash, stamped with embossing ink & heat set with white EP............
 
014
 
And because we crafters don’t like to waste anything, I mopped up the leftover ink with a scrap of watercolour card……………..
 
013
 
I applied the leftover black paint through the Specimens stencil – flipping it over this time – added white highlights & used a CWC birthday sentiment to make a C6 card………
 
016
 
TCW Specimens  Adirondack Brights Watermelon Red   Adirondack Brights Sunshine Yellow    Adirondack Brights Sunset Orange    Emboss Ink Pads     WL01 Bright White 160ml    Beetle Black   In Circle Birthday Flourish Messages - Gold/Silver  Stencil tape 25mm x 25m   Stencil Cleaning Tool    Heat Resistant Mat  
 
Thanks for looking, until next time…………
 
Happy crafting
 
Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Such clever techniques and 2 great cards as a result. Love the colours of the Adirondack inks and your clever stamping with bottle tops and card.....cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards. The colours work so well together to make a lovely bright card. I must try Adirondacks. Thank you, Jan

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.