Tuesday 8 November 2016

Starlights Snowman on Acetate


Good morning crafters, Julie here. Hasn't the weather took a colder turn?? I've had to dig out my scarf and gloves! All of which makes me want to hibernate into my craft room............! Today's card is painted with Starlights on to acetate, using the Imagination Crafts' Snowman Art Stamp........


I stamped my snowman image onto some acetate with Stazon black ink and painted the image with Starlights, using Pearl for anything snow related, Bright Fuchsia  for the scarf and gloves and Green for the trees and holly wreath. It took a few coats to get a denser colour to show through the acetate. I do not have the Red Starlight in my stash, so used a red marker pen for the candy cane. When I was happy with this I brayered the piece of acetate with Mediterranean Sky Starlight to completely coat the piece of acetate to complete the panel.




I took a 7x7 card blank and stencilled the snowflake Dinky stencil using Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and a piece of Cut and Dry, just around the edges to make a background for the acetate panel. I used silver Mirri and white pearl card for my matting layers. 

To finish, I punched out leaves from a piece of green card to make a garland and tied a bow in some silver ribbon...........



Art Stamps - Snowman    Bright Fuchsia SLGreen SLMediterranean Sky SLPearl SLSeedless Preserves - Mini 

Cut-n-Dry Foam     Stazon Jet Black   

I hope you like my make today and I look forward to seeing those of you who are going to the class this Friday, 11th November.

See you next week for another Christmas make.

Love, Julie xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Julie, Starlights are so effective on acetate.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.