Wednesday 2 November 2016

Imagination Crafts Tree Art Stamps......

Morning all,
How are we all today?

I am back off of my hols and back to reality!!
Do you ever get the holiday blues? I really do when I come back from holiday. I think it is because I relax so much and I am always on the go back at home, so I really find it hard to get going again especially when the weather is 15 degrees lower!!!
Still it gave my body a good rest and the heat did my muscles and bones the world of good.....

Now from 32 degrees of sunshine to Christmas!! How did that happen????
Can you believe we are less than 8 weeks away from Christmas, where has this year gone?

Below is another sample that I made using the gorgeous Imagination Crafts Pine Trees Art Stamp.
I love this stamp as it can be used in so many different ways and it doesn't have to be just for Christmas either......

 Image result for imagination crafts pine trees art stamp

I did an earlier post HERE where I showed you how I created one of the class cards using this lovely stamp and die cutting it circular and cutting away the trees but I also wanted to tell you how you can extend the stamp to fit on a larger card......

Unfortunately for this card, I got too carried away and forgot to take any photos as I made it, so I will explain. I used a 7" square card for my base and cut two 5" x 7" border strips of white card, I also cut the same size border out of acetate to. Using Versafine Vintage Sepia, I stamped the Imagination Crafts Christmas Script Stamp randomly over the back of one of the pieces of card and embossed it with Wow Sparkle Embossing powder. I added some Antique Linen Distress Ink around the outside of the stamped script piece and then cut two matting layers to go behind it, one in gold and the next in brown. I then matted them up and attached them to the centre of the card.

On the second border piece of white card I then stamped the Pine Tree Stamp using the Vintage Sepia  Ink and lined it up at the bottom left overlapping the stamp slightly, I then repeated this and lined it up with the first impression to continue the trees. I then embossed this image too with Wow Sparkle Powder. Once it was cool I began to cut away the trees leaving the bottom of the image all in place and leaving a small border around the edge of the trees. You can see in the picture below how much of a border I left.....

I then added some watered down Rich Gold Starlights with a paint brush on to the trees down the left hand side to add some sparkle. I wanted to add a little more sparkle to make it look frosty so I used my finger and some Diamond White Sparkle Medium and dotted it over the trees....

When it was dry, I attached the trees to the acetate panel with Cosmic Shimmer Glue, turned it over and added some Diamond White Sparkle Medium to the back of the acetate around the outside top and sides.
Once that was dry (it only takes 5 - 10 mins when used thinly), I 3d'd the acetate panel on to the card over the script panel using thin foam pads. I added two strips of gold lame ribbon from my stash to the top and bottom of the border and added a bow to finish off.......


Well I hope you like today's make......

Kirsten and I are off to the NEC Birmingham today getting ready for the Hobby Crafts and Stitch Show from 3rd to the 6th November. We are working on Imagination Crafts Stand A16, so if you are planning on coming along, then pop by and say Hi.

  I will be back next week with another post, please remember
November class is not taking place until November 11. 

Take care & have a nice week.

Hugs
Lisa B xx

Art Stamps - Pine Trees   Art Stamps - Christmas Words  Antique Linen - Mini  Clear Sparkle WEG

Rich Gold SL  Diamond SM  Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue 125ml


2 comments:

  1. love this and the sepia tones, great to extend the stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the extended trees.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.