Monday 7 November 2016

Acrylic Christmas Tags



Good morning, Kirsten here with a scheduled post, hope you all had a lovely weekend. Today's projects are two acrylic tags from That's Crafty! & they are my final projects for October. As I said in a previous post, acrylic is very hard to photograph properly - at least it is for me - so if you're attending Lisa's next two classes you can see these tags there.

***When using any of the acrylic products from That's Crafty! always remember to remove the protective sheets from each side first.***


On one side of the first tag I applied Red & Green Starlights through the Imagination Crafts' Christmas Poinsettia panel stencil. As usual, I built up the colour by adding thin layers, allowing each one to dry before adding another. I also stamped the greeting from the Hobby Art Christmas Frosting stamp set with Jet Black Stazon ink. Again, always use Stazon, it's the only ink that will dry on acrylic.


When the Starlights & the Stazon were dry I turned the tag over & applied white gesso through the That's Crafty! Snowflake Background stencil.


Once the gesso was dry I used a brayer to apply Diamond Sparkle Medium to both sides of the tag & when that was dry I added gold Stickles to the centres of the poinsettias.


For the second tag I applied Diamond Sparkle Medium through the That's Crafty! 
Snowflake Background Dinky stencil on to the back of the tag..............


When it was dry I used a stencil brush to pounce Blue, Mediterranean Sky & Mint Starlights on top of the Sparkle Medium..............


I left that to dry for a short while then applied Light Copper Sparkle Medium through the Imagination The Clearing stencil. I applied quite a thick layer for the moon, then tapped the tip of my spatula into the wet SM to add some texture. The 'snow' at the bottom of the tag is Diamond Sparkle Medium mixed with Cracked Ice Sparkling Glitter............


Acrylic Tags #8 - pk of 6  Starlights Metallic Paints     Light Copper SM    Cracked Ice Sparkling Glitter     Diamond SM    Dinky Stencil - Snowflake Background      The Clearing IMST    SM Spatula JT3
Christmas Poinsettia IMPS Christmas Frosting   Stazon Jet Black    White Gesso     

That's it from me for today, next week sees the start of our November projects. I'm looking forward to seeing many of you at Friday's classes in Fant Hall, Maidstone.

Have a great week.

Kirsten


2 comments:

  1. Love the transparent effects with the acrylic tags! I particularly like your second tag, the colours are just gorgeous, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I was pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.