Tuesday 1 November 2016

Frosty the Snowman


Hello crafters, Julie here, hope you're well. Where has the time gone?? I can't believe it's the 1st of November!! The Argos catalogue is out and my son has started his Christmas wish list ready to write to Santa......

Today I'm going to share with you a card I had great fun making and one that can be done in stages whenever you have some time to spare, I used the Imagination Crafts Snowman Art Stamp, it's a  very cute image.



Firstly, I stamped the Snowman Art Stamp with Onyx Black Versafine ink on to Super Smooth card and heat embossed with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder. I then chose my Starlights colours: Pearl, Mint, Zinober Gold and Green to paint in my stamped image. I dispensed a small amount of paint on to my tile, mixed with a little water and started painting - I mixed the Pearl with a bit of Diamond Sparkle Medium for good measure to add to the sparkle!



I put the image aside to dry and set about doing my background, for which I used the
Christmas Words Art stamp on a kraft card blank, with Versamark ink and WOW! Bright White embossing powder, which I heat set. Repeat stamping until I covered the card.


Then the fun bit.... I mixed a bit more Zinober Gold Starlights with some water and used a wide brush to paint over (wiping the embossed text slightly with a paper towel). I was really impressed with the background as it's got the really good shimmer of a posh Christmas card!


I die cut some holly from some scraps of super smooth and painted these in the same way with Green Starlights and while this was drying I square cut my snowman and matted this onto a piece of silver Mirri card.

With all the components made for my card I put them all together. Mounting the matted snowman on double sided sticky pads and using Cosmic Shimmer to glue on the holly, with the finishing touch of a few red gems to pick out the holly berries.



I was pleased with this card and the shimmer the Starlights gave it, which I think make it extra special but very easy to achieve. I'm really getting into Christmas cards now the weather is a little chillier!

Art Stamps - Snowman     Art Stamps - Christmas WordsGreen SL Mint SLPearl SLZinober Gold SL 

Diamond SM   Clear Gloss Regular WEP    Bright White Regular WEP    VersaMark Ink Pad 

   Super Smooth White   Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml

Well, that's me for today, hope you have a good day and see you next week.

**Remember the Lisa B Designs November class has been postponed to November 11. Lisa will be demoing on The Imagination Crafts stand at the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC this weekend, if you're visiting the show stop by and say hello.**

Love, Julie x

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this Julie, especially the background. The colours are fab and the snowman looks lovely with the colours around him xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Julie, I like the script stamping behhind the image.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.