Wednesday 16 November 2016

Class Cards with Card-io and Woodware.....



Good morning all,

I do hope that you are all well........

I have to admit I have been struggling these past few days with my Fibro. I think alot of it is down to working so hard this last month and then suddenly slowing down, my body does not know what to make of it!
I have had a migraine for 3 days and real fibro fog and found myself curled up with a hot water bottle on Monday on my sofa, very rare for me but it has done me a lot of good! I shall just take it easy this week before I launch myself in to samples for next months class and dt work.......

But ......... life has to go on and as I always say it could be a lot worse and is for many others, so I will always look on the bright side ;0) .........

Thank you to all my lovely ladies that attended my last class last Friday, we had so much fun even though I was shattered and feeling somewhat foggy but we did have a laugh!

Kirsten did a lovely blog post all about it HERE if you missed it......

So last week at the class I set the theme all around baubles, I had so little time this month with working away at the NEC HobbyCrafts Show that I had ideas in mind for the class and ordered the stock before I went. However on returning home and opening the orders, lots of items were short as they were either out of stock or low on stock, this meant I had to work really hard to come up with something but Hey Presto!........the ladies loved the cards that I designed for them......Phew!.......

The first card was using a lovely new Card-io Stamp Set called Vintage Christmas and Mini Tall Trees which unfortunately sold out very quickly, these were really lovely sets of silhouette stamps. I also used the trees from the gorgeous Hobby Art Nature Trail Set of Stamps, this is my favourite set of their stamps this Christmas, I just love the versatility of this set......

Image result for nature trail from Hobby art

They created a scene through a die cut bauble using Distress Inks and Versafine Black Onyx and then brayering Diamond Sparkle Medium over the top of the scene.......


You may see the Diamond Sparkle Medium a little more on this close up.
I am out of stock of it but have more on its way to me......


For the next card I wanted to use the bauble that was die cut away from the first card to create the scene.......
I had ordered a lovely Poinsettia Stamp in from Woodware which went down very well with the ladies and it was the perfect size to add some lovely interest to the white bauble. Then they set about painting it in with Starlights watered down as a watercolour paint. Once dry they then embossed their baubles with a snowy embossing folder and then added some foiling with Gold Shine Sparkle Medium. The gold mirri baubles were a new die called Tiny baubles from Marianne Designs, I think I only have one left in stock on the website! The message stamp was a new Stampendous Stamp which also sold out, apologies but it was a busy class..........


I loved creating these cards and also went on to do many other samples for the class. Here is another one I created with the Cardio Stamp sets, this time on three baubles.......


Again brayering over with Diamond Sparkle to add that frosty look to it......


Well I hope that you have enjoyed seeing the samples from the class. The Fabulous DT ladies and I have got many more to show you this month, so stay tuned.......

Have a fabulous week......

Big hugs
Lisa B xxx

    Antique Linen - Mini   VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black  Diamond SM

Poinsettia      Tiny Baubles    Gold Shine SM

Red SLRich Gold SL

5 comments:

  1. Good morning Lisa.....nice to see you at the NEC. Do hope you are soon feeling a little 'perkier'....love these cards and what a great idea to brayer over with the diamond sparkle...another try to add to the ever growing list! Wish i lived closer to be able to come to your classes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Carole, I wished you lived nearer too. We do have fun xx

      Delete
  2. Loved making these, easy but very effective. Hobby Art set is great for this and looks great on craft card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, not surprised everyone at both classes loved them.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.