Wednesday 23 September 2015

Masterboard Tutorial with Dylusions.......


Good morning crafty peeps,

This is a scheduled post today as I am in sunny Spain for a week, having a well earned rest and trying to get some heat in my bones!!

Now as I promised you, this is going to be a full tutorial on how I make my master
boards, so go and grab a cuppa and settle yourself down, this is a long post with lots of piccies!!!!.........

So just before I start I must say that the inspirational person that got me into creating these backgrounds was Leandra from PaperArtsy, Kirsten and I watched her at a lovely day out at the Craft Barn many moons ago and I could have sat there all day watching her, it was so fascinating!

So I then went off and had a play myself and this is how I make them now........

I start off with a A4 sheet of Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth cardstock, I really find this is great card and takes lots of paint without buckling the card.

So for this background I chose Dylusion Paints: Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise and Squeezed Orange along with my Hard Ball Brayer........


Now these paints really go a long way, so you only need a small amount on your craft sheet. You can see how little I used. I like to start with my lightest colour first......

Then take your brayer and roll it in to the paint back and forth flicking it as you go to spread the paint out thinly on your craft sheet.......


Then start to apply the paint lightly flicking your brayer as you lay it on to the A4 card. I like to do Leandra's corner, corner, side method to start with as it gives a great effect. Remember to keep vertical and horizontal as it begins to look rather messy otherwise....


Then on to the turquoise......


Applying in the same way with the brayer, opposite, corner, corner, side and then in between lightly to infill a little and use the paint up on the craft sheet......


Then I go back to the lime again and add some more in the same way.......


I am really liking it now it is starting to blend. Now to knock the colour back with a little with White Linen before I add some stenciling.....


Take a barely damp baby wipe (squeeze out excess moisture if necessary ) and wipe across the surface of the A4 card, this just knocks back the colour a little and then allows your stenciling to pop out of the page.......

Now for a little more colour. I took Squeezed Orange and my Imagination Crafts Bubble Background stencil (back in stock soon) and some Cut'n'Dry Foam and applied it to the foam, pounced it on my craft mat so it was not too wet and then applied it randomly through the stencil......



I did the same with the Turquoise Dylusions and Imagination Crafts Honeycomb Stencil.
Now I did get carried away at this point and forget to take a photo before started stamping but you get the idea!......



So now for some more texture; I used Hobby Art Decorative Backgrounds stamp set and added some stamped images in turquoise Dylusions........ 


 I fancied a bit more brighter detail, so I added some White Linen using bottle tops from my spray bottles.......


And some lines using an old credit card........


Looking good........


 Now for a final bit of sparkle to bring it to life. I chose my gorgeous Imagination Crafts
Platinum Starlight Paint, (back in stock soon), added a little on to my craft mat and then used my bottle tops again.....

These really are fabulous unique pots of paint with crushed gilding flakes and they really sparkle.....

See what I mean.......


 Well, I do hope that you are still with me and not nodded off, lol!

Just to show you that it doesn't all have to be about cards. I made a Tando House Key Hanger with the master board as a Background.......


A few close ups of the little houses painted in the co-ordinating colours.....




That is all from me today, my lovelies. I will be back in rainy England later tomorrow.

Fresh Lime Squeezed Orange  Vibrant Turquoise  White Linen Platinum  Bubble Background  Honeycomb   Decorative Backgrounds  House Key Hanger Kit  Super Smooth White   Mini Brayer   Cut-n-Dry Foam  Heat Resistant Mat   WOODWARE SPRAY BOTTLES - PACK OF 2

I do hope that you have enjoyed the post , have a lovely week......

Hugs, Lisa B xx

8 comments:

  1. Great blog, Lisa. I was so sorry to be away for your last workshop but I shall have a "go"! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana, look forward to seeing you honey xx

      Delete
  2. Love the colours and such a different effect with the change of brayer. Great on the altered art pieces xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey, I really like using them on altered pieces xx

      Delete
  3. I remember that very demo by Leandra... Your house key hanger is gorgeous now it has had the masterboard makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you there too honey, it was such a fascinating demo, thank you xx

      Delete
  4. Your masterboard turned out great & I love the key hanger, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.